Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 14,747 times

Advertisements

Can you please send me Rusty contact phone number thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 2,964 times
Default My experience with Castle Otttis

Hello everyone,
I read this post while looking for a place near Saint Augustine for my ceremony. It almost made me pass up on this beautiful castle with all the bad things said, but I am so pleased that I went and met Rusty for myself. I had my ceremony here and everything went smoothly. No problems at all. Rusty was very nice and the rumors about him were not true.
Don't plan on nailing decorations to his castle walls or throwing a huge wedding there and you will be fine. This is actually a church not just a land sculpture. 65 people max, he said, and I think that is pushing it a little. I had 35 total. He charges a donation of $10 per person (including the bridal party). Children are welcome during a wedding just plan on keeping them on a tight leash. Rusty doesn't want them to get hurt and he will stress that to you and the kids.
I am very pleased with my experience and i am so glad to have held my ceremony there. If you are looking for a great reception place, I recommend A1 Aleworks Bayview room.

Schedule a private tour for $20 with Rusty and check it out for yourself.
his number is 904-874-2233

Cheers!

Last edited by Trisha M; 05-21-2015 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: TYPO

Old 05-21-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaughter View Post
I am interested in this site for my wedding. From the pics it looks like it has dirt floors. Is this correct? Anyone have pics of their wedding?
It does not have dirt floors, they are wood.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas2370 View Post
My daughter recently had her wedding here. Yes, Rusty is very friendly and accommodating at first, but come wedding day it's a different story. Your decorations have to be very minimal or none. Even if he already approved it, he will refuse to let you bring much into the castle. He will not let you mark the entrance with a sign for your guests, or put anything by the road. We actually had guests that just went right on to the reception because they couldn't see any cars or find the entrance. He doesn't tell you ahead of time, when you mention using a limo, that he won't allow it on the property. My daughter had to walk down a dirt road in her white dress and bare feet (to save her white shoes) to get to the castle. He also refused to let the limo stay nearby during the ceremony, and sent it away leaving the bride and groom sitting around waiting at the end. He will make everyone leave the property, including the wedding party, before he will let the bride and groom take pictures on the upper level. When we objected, saying the wedding party wanted to stay together we were told, "It's my way or the highway". So my daughter and new husband were actually blackmailed into changing their itinerary if they wanted these pictures at all. The $10 "donation" actually turned into a requirement. He required "cash only", increased the count of guests by 18 and asked different family members for different amounts of cash after the ceremony. Overall it was not a pleasant experience dealing with Rusty. He was just rude and offensive at the rehearsal and wedding. The union of my daughter and her husband was the important thing, so his behavior was incidental. But I would only recommend this for small, intimate and short ceremonies. Otherwise you may be disappointed. And don't forget the CASH!
It is not that they do not LET limos on the property. Limos bottom out on the driveway and cannot pull in. Cash is required because they have received bad checks. Rusty was very professional the whole time for my wedding. There are some restrictions but they let me know up front. Go on a tour and ask a bunch of questions like I did and you won't be disappointed on your big day.

Old 12-21-2015, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 788 times
Great information Trisha! The first observation I would like to point out is the time of day these two users left their comments.

User "Sas2370" Posted at 2:00am, very late for a professional individual. (possibly intoxicated)

User "Trish M" Posted at 2:10pm, normal working hours.

Secondly "Sas2370" as a user name sounds immature. Indicating to myself that this person may not carry them selves in a dignified manner. And may expect to act as they please in any environment, including that of a Sanctuary or Church.

Finally If an agreement has been made with an individual, it should be your responsibility to fulfill your obligation, also i am assuming by your order of operations a pre-payment was not necessary for your guests, but rather a payment due after the conclusion of the ceremony.... If you can lead me to a single other place on earth where you pay after your wedding i would love to know of this place. That being said bringing up to a maximum of $500 cash on the day of the event should be an easy thing to do, and should not be the owners responsibility to "chase family members for cash."

Just my viewpoint on these comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida