Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 12:47 PM

4 posts, read 24,009 times

Advertisements

I was looking at this place as a possible ceremony site for my wedding. Has anyone been there or been married there? If so, can you tell me of your experience and the price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 18,423 times
It's where I'm holding my ceremony in a few months. You have to call Rusty, I was shocked by the price (the best way possible) Its only a 10 per person donation. max occ. is 50. and you get it for the WHOLE day by yourself, no other brides! and 2 hours of it the night before to decorate and rehearsal.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 18,237 times
I went there on a tour for my upcoming wedding ( July 4, 2009 ) and JaRollings is right, the price is awesome and the place is beautiful! Rusty is very sweet. There are some limitations but Rusty can explain everything to you and he is actually the owner and gives the tours.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 18,063 times
I thought Castle Otttis closed for zoning reasons. Did they re open? I was there many years ago and took pics and video of Rusty doing a tour, I truly enjoyed the experience.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 17,885 times
Well I went there recently to inquire about possibly holding my wedding there on Dec. 31st and at first rusty was very nice and seemed accomodating but I guess after thinking about having to host a New Years Wedding..he actually denied me!! He was very insulting and told me..that now he will have his new years eve weekend available.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 18,010 times
Oh my goshhh! This place is beautiful!!! I went to the web site but the contact link send you directly to the e-mail, which is broken I think. Does anybody have the phone number? or an e-mail address that works? Thanks!

Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 AM

1 posts, read 17,708 times
I am interested in this site for my wedding. From the pics it looks like it has dirt floors. Is this correct? Anyone have pics of their wedding?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:00 AM

1 posts, read 16,482 times
My daughter recently had her wedding here. Yes, Rusty is very friendly and accommodating at first, but come wedding day it's a different story. Your decorations have to be very minimal or none. Even if he already approved it, he will refuse to let you bring much into the castle. He will not let you mark the entrance with a sign for your guests, or put anything by the road. We actually had guests that just went right on to the reception because they couldn't see any cars or find the entrance. He doesn't tell you ahead of time, when you mention using a limo, that he won't allow it on the property. My daughter had to walk down a dirt road in her white dress and bare feet (to save her white shoes) to get to the castle. He also refused to let the limo stay nearby during the ceremony, and sent it away leaving the bride and groom sitting around waiting at the end. He will make everyone leave the property, including the wedding party, before he will let the bride and groom take pictures on the upper level. When we objected, saying the wedding party wanted to stay together we were told, "It's my way or the highway". So my daughter and new husband were actually blackmailed into changing their itinerary if they wanted these pictures at all. The $10 "donation" actually turned into a requirement. He required "cash only", increased the count of guests by 18 and asked different family members for different amounts of cash after the ceremony. Overall it was not a pleasant experience dealing with Rusty. He was just rude and offensive at the rehearsal and wedding. The union of my daughter and her husband was the important thing, so his behavior was incidental. But I would only recommend this for small, intimate and short ceremonies. Otherwise you may be disappointed. And don't forget the CASH!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 16,204 times
I recently got married here. This is a beautiful place for a wedding ceremony but the owner gets very grumpy on the wedding day when everything does not run smoothly. He is nice at first. He also does not like kids at all. When he gets upset he is very rude to the guest and to the kids and he will also ask for more money. With this being said if you want to get married here do not let anyone bring kids of any age or have a big guest list. If you really want your wedding here the castle owner is the one calling the shots and if he gets mad forget about a pleasant experience. I did not let the grumpy owner taint my wedding day we went on to have a memorable reception with lots of smiles and beautiful photos.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 14,669 times
Can someone give my Rusty contact information please [email]vero_8a@hotmail.com[/email] thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida