Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times

Advertisements

When my insurance company asked if I had a dog and I answered, "Yes, a greyhound" they replied, "Oh, they don't even count."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 06:57 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
This thread was started in January and the OP hasn't been back....

Old 06-06-2009, 07:08 AM

335 posts, read 939,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
I was told by the insurance company not to rent to anyone with dogs weighing over 20 lbs to be safe, so it wasn't pitbull specific.
This is why I spent over a month looking for a rental home in this area. SO FRUSTRATING! Like dogs under 20lbs are somehow less destructive, less dangerous and more well behaved than larger dogs? I have a greyhound and an old lab mix and to find a house that would rent to us with 2 "big dogs" was so difficult. They don't even bark! We found one, and we like it a lot but you can bet it isn't in a stupid subdivision.
The OP probably didn't come back because of all the pit trashing.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 8,510 times
to all of you that have posted nothing but trash about pits... you are all a bunch of ignorant morons!! there a only a few of you who have any common sense and that is those of you who agree that it doesnt matter what kind of dog you have, they all have the potential to bite. little dogs big dogs.. it doesnt matter. and YES in most cases with pits it does matter who raises them cuz the two pits i have are nicer than most dogs ive ever met. the majority of pits who are aggressive are those that are raised in the ghetto by people who dont know jack about raising dogs, and by those who intentionally teach them to fight cuz they think its cool. mine are excited to meet new people, and love kids and other dogs. hell when i moved down here i stayee with my sister who has an 11 year old and a 6 year old... and they played together all day long. soooo there goes your stupid theory!!! in south carolina they were taken to the dog park a few times a week. they have absolutely no aggression at all, because if they did i wouldnt own them. so unless you own the breed you have no room to talk! its a shame that our society have become so stupid. it makes me sick.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:26 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp_angel123 View Post
to all of you that have posted nothing but trash about pits... you are all a bunch of ignorant morons!! there a only a few of you who have any common sense and that is those of you who agree that it doesnt matter what kind of dog you have, they all have the potential to bite. little dogs big dogs.. it doesnt matter. and YES in most cases with pits it does matter who raises them cuz the two pits i have are nicer than most dogs ive ever met. the majority of pits who are aggressive are those that are raised in the ghetto by people who dont know jack about raising dogs, and by those who intentionally teach them to fight cuz they think its cool. mine are excited to meet new people, and love kids and other dogs. hell when i moved down here i stayee with my sister who has an 11 year old and a 6 year old... and they played together all day long. soooo there goes your stupid theory!!! in south carolina they were taken to the dog park a few times a week. they have absolutely no aggression at all, because if they did i wouldnt own them. so unless you own the breed you have no room to talk! its a shame that our society have become so stupid. it makes me sick.
I have had pit bulls since before people even knew what they were. I love them but have no illusions about what they can do. My dogs had fail safe training I did it to be sure the dogs were always obedient. They were never allowed to eat till I said so and would sit in front of the food till I said eat. I could also just reach down and take the food away anytime I wanted. I have seen many family dogs if you reached for their food react instantly. They would give you a look that told you to stay away that was theirs. You think you know your dogs but you don't. Under the right circumstances they may do something you just don't know when and this is any dog.

Now the difference with the pit bull is the damage they can do, that is where the breed comes in. You chose to call people ignorant but I am afraid you are the ignorant one. You don't even know what you have. Just out of curiosity how did you become a pit bull owner? Lets get a glimpse into your physiological make up. You waded in on here with an aggressive rant not based on anything but your own anger and delusion you were being personally attacked. You may be the typical pit bull owner and the reason people don't like them. I am afraid you are not a very good spokesman for the breed. Even your choice of words, "Pits", instead of Pitbull. You also said a majority of pitbulls that are aggressive are the owners fault. That still leave a considerable number of dogs that attack that are not the owners fault as you admit. All you did was confirm what most people think about the dogs and their owners.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:41 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,401,157 times
Quote:
Well for me it has nothing to do with the pitbulls themselves, but the insurance. Do you really expect your LL to put themselves in a situation where they're liable for an injury, and insurance won't pay the claim, just so you can keep a pitbull?

Old 06-26-2009, 09:21 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,750,311 times
Quote:
Pit bull hero: Fort Lauderdale pries open jaws of pit bull mauling 6-year-old girl. -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
This thread was started in January and the OP hasn't been back....

Perhaps she was attacked by pit bulls.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:33 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
I hope you know a good lawyer.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,432 times
State farm do pitbull ensure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida