Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 02:28 PM

3 posts, read 11,109 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have info on Lady lake? Seems their are a lot of home for sale/foreclosed. I am think about moving but want to see the area before I commit. I just don't have all the time it takes to see different places. Need crime info and other stuff only people know that have been in the area. I want to stay mid to north central. What is better east coast or west coast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,011,617 times
Lady Lake is dominated by The Villages.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:22 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,507,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA60 View Post
Does anyone have info on Lady lake? Seems their are a lot of home for sale/foreclosed. I am think about moving but want to see the area before I commit. I just don't have all the time it takes to see different places. Need crime info and other stuff only people know that have been in the area. I want to stay mid to north central. What is better east coast or west coast?
Well, Lady Lake is not near either coast. It is in Central Florida, just north of Leesburg. As Lilybeans stated, it IS dominated by The Villages.....that is why there are so many homes for sale there, because The Villages are so big.

Frank D.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:10 PM

20 posts, read 31,837 times
if you need info on lady lake ..it is nice away from the villages. i have a friend that has a home about five miles south and over a acre of land with a fish pond for sale cheap.let me know

Old 02-21-2009, 12:44 PM

32 posts, read 93,929 times
CA60: My Grandparents live there in The Villages. It's all geared more toward the retired because The Villages are a 55+ community. (I think that's the #) I've never personally lived there, but driving through to my grandparents house, it's pretty. Alot of farms and reallly rural areas on the out skirts.
And there are alot of homes for sale and foreclosed all over Florida right now.
faithfulFrank is right- Lady Lake isn't close to any beach. Cocoa was where we went when I visited as a kid, and it was about an hour drive or a little more. Looking at a map, though, it would make more sense to go to the west side as far as distance goes...
I've heard on this site that the East side of Florida has more Northeasterners, and the West side has more Midwesterners. I lived in Palm coast before here in Ormond Beach, and it had alot of people from the North East. But not everywhere I've been on the East side has been that way, so, I'm not sure if that's true or not.
Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:55 PM

213 posts, read 506,549 times
Default Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
Well, Lady Lake is not near either coast. It is in Central Florida, just north of Leesburg. As Lilybeans stated, it IS dominated by The Villages.....that is why there are so many homes for sale there, because The Villages are so big.

Frank D.
Can someone please tell me what the Villages are & why it affects the sale of houses-Thanx

Old 06-13-2010, 02:33 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,507,660 times
Sure,
This post is over a year old, but The Villages is a HUGE, one of a kind, 55+ gated community.
They have hundreds of activities, clubs, golf courses, etc. It is like an adult Disneyland. They have singing and dancing in the squares nightly, etc. Everyone drives around in golf carts. They have over 75,000 people. It sprawls over three counties. It is big.

You can do a google search on The Villages. They have their own TV station, two radio stations, their own major shopping centers, hospital, etc, etc.

Some love it, some hate it. I have a home about 13 miles south of there in another 55+ community. I think it is a nice place to visit.

Frank

Old 06-13-2010, 03:02 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,660,047 times
My grandparents live in the villages. Its been 10 years now since they moved in. So I'm very familiar with the area. I've seen it triple in size.. I go there about once a month or two months, and sometimes we stay there for a few days. I know the place like the back of my hand. I'm also familiar with the surrounding towns like Lady Lake since we drive through them on the way to the villages and often stop at the grocery stores, or restaurants.. Old people DOMINATE the whole area, even the towns around the villages. If you live in Lady Lake your going to see old people everywhere. At the stores, at the restaurants, driving on the roads (they suck at driving), they are the majority. They are mostly retirees from up north, so a lot of them are rude and grumpy, some of them are nice, but I would never want to live there.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:18 PM

395 posts, read 483,437 times
Are the major shopping destinations in the villages like Spanish Springs and **** open to people who live outside of the villages like say in Lady Lake?

Old 06-09-2016, 04:02 PM

481 posts, read 503,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastad View Post
Are the major shopping destinations in the villages like Spanish Springs and **** open to people who live outside of the villages like say in Lady Lake?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida