Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:19 AM

35 posts, read 161,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Thank you!! A while ago there was a guy complaining how he and his partner couldn't live well on $120k a year!!!! Meanwhile, his car payment was $800/month!!

Things are expensive here in the chicago 'burbs' but for sure, you can certainly live, perhaps very comfortably on 120K/yr!!, well if your house is paid for

Old 03-16-2007, 09:34 AM

35 posts, read 161,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Thanks !!!

He has not seen nothing yet..... 25 years old and if he moves to Ohio and has that attitude someone will quickly correct his attitude...remember we all rednecks anyway...................

I am trying to buy the trailer beside him for my dog and cat, as long as it has a/c I can afford it and they wont get too hot in that heat.

This is so fun.........

Here little jelly fishy, here little jelly fishy
This is sooooo funny.... ya' 'all ---boy did i miss the fun on this thread!!! Me too.... i'll take that trailer for my pits too!!! They hate the cold too... They wont even go potty without much encouragement....they love the heat...i'll take the heat too....after my little toes got frostbit 30 yrs ago...aint nothin' like that bitter cold!!!

Come here little jelly fishy, here here little jelly fishy.....oh is that a gator...would you like a little fishy????

Old 03-16-2007, 10:02 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
[quote=gypsychic;463507]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

Don't understand - are you implying something about my post???
No. TriM's post about above.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 3,888 times
from north west Ohio. I have lived here my whole life and can promise you not in many years has a heat bill in Ohio been 150 dollars maybe if you live in a tiny apartment so I agree with you their. Why if Florida is so bad do I have so many friends who have moved their tell me how great it is. I guess some people who live in Florida are spoiled by the weather and they are so used to it that they have no appreciation for it. Live in Ohio For one winter and maybe you will come to love your state again. Oh in every city there is crime. Do you think that We in Ohio have never seen crime?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstclair74 View Post
from north west Ohio. I have lived here my whole life and can promise you not in many years has a heat bill in Ohio been 150 dollars maybe if you live in a tiny apartment so I agree with you their. Why if Florida is so bad do I have so many friends who have moved their tell me how great it is. I guess some people who live in Florida are spoiled by the weather and they are so used to it that they have no appreciation for it. Live in Ohio For one winter and maybe you will come to love your state again. Oh in every city there is crime. Do you think that We in Ohio have never seen crime?
Some do not want us there and think we are stupid enough to fall for there propaghanda crap.

150 heat bills, for a 12 x 12 storage shed....... If you believe that I got a big red barn to sell you on 30 acres for 400k..comes with air free conditioning

I have not had one person tell me to not move to Florida, not one!!
I have asked for years in person and on the net, NOT ONE.....

Until I got on this board and a couple of them make it out like its the worse thing in the world.

Those two could not handle Ohio for 1 month let alone a lifetime.

Orlando Florida is safer then Columbus, Ohio....

Old 03-16-2007, 07:10 PM

31 posts, read 128,754 times
Right at this moment in NY there's a nor'easter, I say move to Florida and enjoy it! You make your own happiness not the place where you are but sunny Florida does help the stress level instead of gray sky

Old 03-17-2007, 07:20 AM

799 posts, read 3,693,899 times
My husbands whole family is from Ohio and they all moved to Florida one by one 20 years ago and would never leave. My husband lived there for awhile with his grandmother when he was a child and has always missed it. We will be joining the rest of his family and moving there also. I agree with another poster that you make your own happiness and if you are unhappy, find a place that will make you happy. I believe there are problems in every state but there are beautiful places in every state also and I'm sure you can find affordability and good schools and neighborhoods in every state if you try.If you like cold, go north, if you like heat, go south, if your not happy in one city, go to the next etc.
I am now checking the Sebastian area and Port St. Lucie area thanks to some of the posters on this board. That is why I am on the board to find helpful information about the different cities and opinions from people who live there. While my family lives on the west coast, I just may be happier on the east coast since I have 1 teen and 2 pre-teens coming up.
I love heat, and old people. I don't like alligators but I am watching crocodile hunter reruns to learn to deal with them LOL!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:39 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Hi Floridabound! I'm not going to read through all the crap posted on this site. I read the last page and I can see it's pretty nuts. Try Vero Beach! Plenty safe, beautiful beaches, good schools, and nice homes. Plenty of antiques in Melbourne, just north of here. Hope to see you here!!

Old 03-17-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Hi Floridabound! I'm not going to read through all the crap posted on this site. I read the last page and I can see it's pretty nuts. Try Vero Beach! Plenty safe, beautiful beaches, good schools, and nice homes. Plenty of antiques in Melbourne, just north of here. Hope to see you here!!
Thank you.

Isn't that where the Dogers played Spring Training?

I talked to someone in Central Florida on the phone today and listen to them, they are a lifer in Florida and they told me to tell anyone who is a lifer and do not want any northerners in their state TO LEAVE !!!

He said that good Floridians welcome everyone with open arms and it's those who do not want others here that are ruining the state with their own GREED !!! and making the rest of them look bad.

I appreciate so much all the responses, I am taking it all in so I can decide what to do, what I have found is there is a huge amount of good people living in the state of Florida, only the ones who have not capilitalized on your growth that are jealous that do not want other moving in, or those who do not want to work hard to earn a trade to make more money for themselves and cannot stand for other who have money moving into nice homes and area.

I really never looked at the panhandle either, but have read some amazing stories on this board about that area as well.

Gosh, this is not going to be easy.

By they way, it snowed and had freezing rain here today, had to let my car run for 10 minutes to get the ice of all the windows.

I am trading in my snow shovel and snow boots for a sand bucket and swimsuit so my kids can enjoy the outside before they get to old too.

It's those greedy adults who think of themselves only who want to find a way to stop anyone from moving to Florida.

It's America Folks, we have freedom like no other country, if you do not like the freedoms we have to move about, LEAVE or shut up !!!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 AM

3 posts, read 6,413 times
I just joined this forum, live in Central Ohio also, and agree that this past winter was rough. I am originally from Southern California, and as I get a bit older, don't want to deal with the severe winters in Ohio. I too am looking for somewhere to move in a few years. Kids will be out of high school in three years. Would like to live in a smaller town as opposed to a large city, would like to live near the ocean, but I am sure that is too expensive and crowded. I wil need to work since I will be too young (and too poor!) to retire. I would enjoy any input from others on this forum regarding living in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida