Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:56 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I have read many of your post and you seem to love to destroy anything good about Florida.

MOD- Can you please delete this posters negative comments in this thread.
Come on, I've seen his opinions and he's entitled to it. He's just quoting what's been published, not making up things on his own. I never heard of clamoring for posts to be deleted just because he is always negative. What happened to free speech?

Then post some positive things about FL, there have been others who have valiantly done so. I have posted some good things about FL, but I believe my negative posts outnumbered them, but that is my opinion just as it is his. If you are set on moving down to Florida, then do so regardless of what people say, negative or positive. Do your own research and go with your own convictions, not depend on a message board, where people give opinions and vent more than anything else. At least Daily Journalist is making references to published materials and research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
I have read many of your post and you seem to love to destroy anything good about Florida.

There was nothing negative about my original answer. You started attacking me and the city I am moving to for no reason. I just answered your attacks with facts. If you want to move to Florida then just do it, why start threads on what actual residents would change about the state if you do not want their opinions.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:42 AM

259 posts, read 840,595 times
We only get to pick one thing? lol Well for South Florida, I would just like to see a much higher middle class of black residents with better housing, education, and career-advancement. (Much like mini-Dallas, Atlanta, or DC)

Old 02-04-2009, 08:01 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
There was nothing negative about my original answer. You started attacking me and the city I am moving to for no reason. I just answered your attacks with facts. If you want to move to Florida then just do it, why start threads on what actual residents would change about the state if you do not want their opinions.

Maybe it is because I am used to your I hate Florida campaigns in any thread that has any positives.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Come on, I've seen his opinions and he's entitled to it. He's just quoting what's been published, not making up things on his own. I never heard of clamoring for posts to be deleted just because he is always negative. What happened to free speech?

Then post some positive things about FL, there have been others who have valiantly done so. I have posted some good things about FL, but I believe my negative posts outnumbered them, but that is my opinion just as it is his. If you are set on moving down to Florida, then do so regardless of what people say, negative or positive. Do your own research and go with your own convictions, not depend on a message board, where people give opinions and vent more than anything else. At least Daily Journalist is making references to published materials and research.

Wow, another I hate Florida poster backing up another I hate Florida poster.

Sorry his facts often to not reflect the truth. He searches the web for facts that lean towards his view. I can find a website that will show his/her facts to be wrong.
Sure he is allowed to have his opinion, then I am likewise.

My opinion of Philly is just as good as his opinion of Orlando then, correct?

DJ did what he set out to do, he ruined yet another post that could be potentially a good one.

So my opinion was why move from one sprawl area to even a worse sprawl area?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
It seems that you do not know the definition of suburban sprawl, I am adding some links that will help you. I am also adding I map of the most suburban sprawl affected areas in America. As you can see Florida is highly affected by sprawl.

Sprawl Overview - Sierra Club

Clickable Sprawl Map

http://www.sierraclub.org/sprawl/report98/cities.asp

Last edited by DailyJournalist; 02-04-2009 at 08:38 AM..

Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 AM

263 posts, read 574,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinjohn View Post
Philly having more sprawl than FL? Jesus ****ing christ. East coast is walkable, this isnt.
Watch language please.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,439 times
Quote:

Quote:
Wow, another I hate Florida poster backing up another I hate Florida poster.

Sorry his facts often to not reflect the truth. He searches the web for facts that lean towards his view. I can find a website that will show his/her facts to be wrong.
Sure he is allowed to have his opinion, then I am likewise.

My opinion of Philly is just as good as his opinion of Orlando then, correct?

DJ did what he set out to do, he ruined yet another post that could be potentially a good one.

Look, don't be surprised that I backed him up. But please don't start a thread and then suddenly ask to remove one of the responses that you happen not to like. When you're in a public forum, you're going to get both sides of the story.

Was your intent just to start a "everything great about FL thread"? If that was your intent, then say so, otherwise, you posted "what would you change about FL?" and therefore you will get responses on the negative side. In a public forum, you're going to get both sides, good and bad.

I moved here when things were fine in Central FL and Orlando, but the unprecedented growth has given me a less than favorable opinion about it now, that's just my opinion. You may ask then, why would you favor a much larger metropolitan area such as Chicago over Orlando, if Orlando is growing? Well, it's because of the uncontrolled growth in certain areas, the lack of management of that growth by state and city officials, and the quality of people who have migrated down here (this is just to name a few). I think in time, maybe all the response to the growth may catch up and things can be better around here, but I'm not willing to wait that long, only three more years then I'm done here. If that happens in three years, then that's good for the rest of the people who stay and happen to move here then.

That's all my opinion about the state of the things are in central FL now, others have a more favorable opinion, and I see them all here, without having to personally attack anyone.

I see this thread closing soon.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 AM

263 posts, read 574,721 times
"I moved here when things were fine in Central FL and Orlando, but the unprecedented growth has given me a less than favorable opinion about it now, that's just my opinion." Trust me man, lots of people here share your opinion. 10 yrs ago, Orlando was a pretty decent place to live. But now... you already know.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
1) Get rid of all foreign investors

2) Deport illegal immigrants

3) Eliminate homestead property taxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida