Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 06:05 PM

182 posts, read 370,091 times

Advertisements

I am a Wisconsin dislocated corporate education executive with a background in high school teaching (English/history/social studies) who is looking into teaching jobs in three sun-belt states -- Florida, Texas, North Carolina -- for this fall. I do understand that recruiting, at least in Florida, is not what it was two or three years ago, but I am going to make my applications nonetheless and pursue this with vigor.

I hold a Florida Statement of Eligibility in English 6-12, and am about to have my credentials reviewed in Texas and North Carolina for temporary certificates. I do not anticipate major difficulties in receiving temporary certification in those states. I hold a Master of Arts in Teaching from Boston University (and a Bachelor of Arts in American Studies from Yale) and formerly held English 7-12 certification in Connecticut. The paperwork in Florida was a breeze, happily.

I would welcome any tips from knowledgeable Floridians (teachers and others) about searching for high school jobs in the state. I prefer urban/suburban systems to rural systems, and I'm open to public, charter, and private schools. I have experience working with disadvantaged populations, although my honest preference is to work with (at least some) high achievers. I have very good classroom management skills and rapport with students.

I am registered with Teachers-Teachers.com, TopSchoolJobs.org, and EducationAmerica.net, and am actively "working" those websites. (A lot of Florida and North Carolina jobs drive to Teachers-Teachers, and some Florida jobs to EducationAmerica also; I see more Texas positions on TopSchoolJobs.)

All tips, advice, insights welcome, especially regarding the most promising districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 05:17 PM

363 posts, read 1,360,471 times
There is a new high school opening in Charlotte County on the Edison College campus in Punta Gorda. They are interviewing now. Good Luck!

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM

182 posts, read 370,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2peaches2oranges View Post
There is a new high school opening in Charlotte County on the Edison College campus in Punta Gorda. They are interviewing now. Good Luck!
I'll get on it. Thank you so much!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 PM

2 posts, read 7,814 times
is it possible for me to apply for a teaching job?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 7,814 times
i just want to ask if this is for real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: