Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:12 PM

66 posts, read 202,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
The easiest way to get a green card is to buy an existing business and employ yourself. It's also an expensive way.

Like in all countries right now, there's a big uproar about imigration. Things are definitely much more difficult when it comes to getting green cards.
hey Prichard,

what you mean "buy an existing business"? Just run a business?
Here in Italy immigrant people try to be employed from local business around the country but there are a lot of illegal, usually from east europe, who get bad crimes and murders. Especially in the north Italy, the system sucks here, because laws don't work well here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ximenagomez View Post
1. You get married with an american....
2. You find a company that sponsorships... (very difficult) you would have to be very good at what you do and have lots of experience.... they'll give you a visa H1b (process one year) then you apply for the labor certificate (process: 2 years) and once approved can apply for resident (one more year) Not easy but worth it!
I did the second one.. and when i was done... met a gringo and got married!!! I wish had met him beofre.. I would have saved a lot of time and money!!! but well....
nice!

where do you come from? Anyway I agree with you, it's so hard being sponsored just from internet!! I think it works just for high specialized professionists!
Let me know, what does gringo mean?

Old 03-22-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
It's really easy! Just learn Spanish. Then study Cuban history. Invent a name you can relate to, which is Spanish. Go get an innertube. Come down to the Keys and get a bad sunburn. Get in innertube and paddle out into the ocean and wait for a marine patrol or Coast Guard boat to be within eyesight. Paddle vigorously to the shore and you're an American resident!! Remember wet foot/dry foot! Seriously though I am amazed how difficult is it for anyone to immigrate from Europe, while anyone from the communist island is a legal immigrant. Oh well.....
tallick...

what's that?! a movie? or did somebody you know do the same? So I don't know if it works but I want to know more about people from the communist island. Are they favourite on it? so bad

Old 03-22-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Last time I checked this government threw the immigration system and half constitution to the garbage can. So I don't know what immigration system yall talking about. From what I see on TV and Internet, you just need to come here crossing the border and that's it. Border patrol cannot touch you, they go to jail for years, police cannot touch you, National Guard can only look at you. Once you are in the city, you get free medicine, free education and you have all the rights from the government to go out to the streets and start screaming "tiki taka si se puede" and get amnesty.

I miss so much an old country called The United States of America.
Oh really? Jesus, based on we watch on tv or internet we always thought the US like a country where the power laws always are respected, thanks a good police service and harsh immigrant system. Look, you said police cannot touch you (are you sure?) that's in Italy not USA! In Italy if a policeman touch you, he has reported immediately! So the power in Italy is in the out of law's hands! definitely! So just think, when Saddam Hussein was going to be decapitate, in Italy there was a lot of majority of politics contrary on that because considered too much cruel!!! What you think?

So I didn't know it about the USA.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:53 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
Hello cougar,

which part of Florida you live in? I appreciate a lot your advices they sound good. Are there lawyers specialized in immigrant questions?
I know in this period airfares are good. Last year I spent 830 euros for a round trip ticket from Cagliari (Sardinia) to NYC, with eurofly, it was pretty expensive...
Are you satisfied to live in Florida? What would you change about your place? And what is very good on it?

thanks
Matts
Where to live is up to a person and his/her financial status. I am not sure what type of income you will generate with your job. But I will tell you that real estate(housing; either renting or buying) is not cheap. For instance for a descent apartment-1 bedroom- in Miami, you will have to pay about 1500 dollars-per month-and up. In West Palm Beach the same. Little north, Port Saint Lucie, Melbourne, Sebastian; may be 1000 dollars and up.
It all depends what area you are living. The housing market has been taking a break for a few months and who knows for how long. in some areas house price dropped from 350K to 225K and the house is still on the market.
Regarding lawyers, there are plenty of lawyers and some will offer the first consultation free.
But, I would tell you this: with all the negative news such as increase of crime, increase in real estate taxes, the insurance issue that does not seems to be taken care of,...etc. The Floridian coast is a paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida