Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:40 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times

Advertisements

I love that analogy - I don't know I guess I can deal with the rudeness, I have that tough skin, but what I can't take are my boys not having a block where they can ride a bike without my immediate supervision. I can't take that I can't afford a home unless, I eat soup for the next five years and when I finally can afford that home it will be so old and weathered that I will have to gut the whole inside out to make it livable. Those are the things I can absolutely live with out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 01:45 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times
I think that is because like NY, miamians have a bit of self entitlement issues. You come to this country, please learn the language. I don't care about accents we all have them, north, south, east, west. What I mean is make the effort to become a productive citizen in society. You can love your culture while adopting some from here to. After all most people did come here in search of a better life.

Most of those that you are dealing with Poor are adapting to american ways rather than you having to adapt to their ways. I think this is the right thing - WE ARE IN AMERICA.

You know - when in Rome do as the Romans. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

Oh and PS - this was not a stab at Miami or the people in it, just a view on how I perceive things to be.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:03 PM

2,522 posts, read 6,036,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Chelsea, you are so right, there are rude people everywhere and nice people everywhere - no city or state has a monopoly on either type! I am constantly bewildered when people talk about all the "rude" people here - they can NOT be referring to where I live or anywhere in Florida I have lived - I have encountered super nice people whether native or from other states. Sure, I meet some rude ones, but I would not call them a majority. And funny enough, lately I have been meeting a lot of people down here in the Sarasota area who are from NY and NJ, and they are super friendly and happy to be here! So, I guess I'm saying I wish people would not make generalizations about people from anywhere.
People EVERYWHERE have to get along.....otherwise we'd have absolute anarchy. The only areas that correspond to that would be inner city ghettos. AND, even in inner city ghettos there are a majority of decent people, and minority of problem people. Florida is no different. People HAVE to get along TO get along and survive. You can't hide from your neighbor even in Florida. We ALL have human drives to connect to our
fellow folks.

One misnomer I need to correct.....there is no such thing as a 100% friendly place. The few places that seem to have that rep are superficial,
BTW. I've lived south, and saw first hand how skin deep it was.......and you can find some of the friendliest people out in the northeast.......
people are just people, even in Florida.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida