Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:08 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,535 times

Advertisements

Obviously F.W. has the right person. I find it all kinda creepy. So far, I'm happy in my little corner of PC and as far as I know, my neighbors are not blasting me on an internet forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 08:13 AM

436 posts, read 1,089,167 times
PC seemed like an over-crowded, hot and sticky, flat "subdivision." Filled with, what seemed to me, as angry, cranky retirees.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 5,688 times
Wow we are thinking about moving to Palm Coast and this has been very entertaining and eye opening as well, that makes me wonder about the area and maybe reconsider. We are looking to rent but as you all say we are retirees or soon want to be, yikes!!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 AM

27,207 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerene1 View Post
Wow we are thinking about moving to Palm Coast and this has been very entertaining and eye opening as well, that makes me wonder about the area and maybe reconsider. We are looking to rent but as you all say we are retirees or soon want to be, yikes!!
I wouldn't legitimately base my decision upon a few rude malcontents, one of whom regularly hates on Palm Coast and never lived there. Perhaps I'm being too rational, but doesn't it seem odd that Palm Coast was the fastest growing city in the US over the past 10 years, yet according to a noisy few here it's a cesspool?? Something doesn't add up.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:10 PM

40 posts, read 170,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
I've tried to stay away, but I couldn't. It seems like most of the people here HATE Palm Coast. We've lived there for about 6 months now and we love it. My son loves school and he has a phenomenal teacher. We love the school, church, neighborhood, parks, the beach, the activities. There's not exactly a lot of night life, but that's not anything that we took advantage of elsewhere. I think Palm Coast is a great place to raise a family. It all depends on what you're looking for. If family bike rides and walks in beatiful parks turn you on, then you might want to consider it. If you like lots of night life and fancy boutiques, keep looking.
...and walking away if you're just looking for short fun and thrills, because we only have better lasting things, like quality of life, not for the weak of character this place is, for it has lack of jobs, which exist in anyplace USA at this point, anyway, but more so in Palm Coast. yet that is the only negative I can think of at the present.
...but here you can find good schools for your children, a friendly, caring family centered community, and a progressive city government who's trying to work out the problems of one.
We have great state rated public schools (my sister moved my "A" student grandniece into one because they offer special classes for them), a state college, state of the art hospital, a new multiplex cinema, many parks, paths for walkers and bikers, many sports activities, and a fast growing 20-year planned Town Center, that are now populated by corporate stores, groceries, etc.
In the meantime, we wish you all good luck in your search for a place that is just right for you. As for us, Palm Coast is where our heart is....

Old 02-19-2011, 03:23 PM

40 posts, read 170,993 times
sorry, I forgot to mention a big plus...Palm Coast is 5-15 miles away from Atlantic Ocean, abutting a very nice beach community, Flagler Beach. But even with such proximity to the ocean and intracoastal waterways, we are not flood zoned, for those thinking of buying a house and worrying about cost of insurance.
We also have not had hurricane landing for the 20 years we've lived here, though we had a big fire in the 90's (but instead of moving away, it seems like a lucky break for Palm Coast because that put us in the Florida map, where it was not before, and started the massive migration of people from everywhere that caused the incredible real estate boom)and according to Flagler County info we found when we were looking for a place to move into in Florida, has not had hurricane land here for almost a hundred years, or so.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:56 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,535 times
Hey, you quoted me! Just want to say that instead of 6months, we have now lived here about 2.5 years and we still love it here. Just today we enjoyed lunch and live music in Flagler Beach with an out-of-town guest and the restaurant was packed. Then our guest joined us for a leisurely walk with our kids and dog along the Intercoastal at Waterfront Park. I just love that park and I doubt I'll ever get tired of it. It was a lovely day.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 AM

227 posts, read 856,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Hey, you quoted me! Just want to say that instead of 6months, we have now lived here about 2.5 years and we still love it here. Just today we enjoyed lunch and live music in Flagler Beach with an out-of-town guest and the restaurant was packed. Then our guest joined us for a leisurely walk with our kids and dog along the Intercoastal at Waterfront Park. I just love that park and I doubt I'll ever get tired of it. It was a lovely day.
We too were at a Flagler Beach restaurant yesterday enjoying the beautiful day and listening to the entertainment with out of town guests.

There are many great parks here to enjoy whether walking or biking. My favorite is Princess Place. The County and City have done a fantastic job in creating wonderful park areas.

Just read the City is working hard to bring in more business to help with our employment situation. I hope they are successful.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM

20 posts, read 54,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgerider View Post
We too were at a Flagler Beach restaurant yesterday enjoying the beautiful day and listening to the entertainment with out of town guests.

There are many great parks here to enjoy whether walking or biking. My favorite is Princess Place. The County and City have done a fantastic job in creating wonderful park areas.

Just read the City is working hard to bring in more business to help with our employment situation. I hope they are successful.

I am sooooo scared of moving but my fiance is so sure about this city that i have no choice but to accept the move.. i've been reading all the pros and cons of PC and overall we have to take a chance, we are young and if it doesnt work out there we can always move elsewhere. Any recent feedback from PC locals would be of great help. See you soon Palm Coast!

Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,598 times
Sheepie2000 thanks for the info sounds like its the place to be for me and mine. We visited for two wks and luv it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida