U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:36 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,786,332 times

Advertisements

WOULD YOU MOVE TO THIS AREA? Need input on the pro and cons. thank you,
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 05:27 PM

32 posts, read 90,461 times
Lived there. Wasn't a good experience for us... But that was our experience.

Pros:
*the school my children went to in the "R" section was great when it first opened
*a very clean town- nice landscaping, no trash, new houses- beautiful
*nice public library
*finally opened target and many more nice stores- after I left, ha

Cons:
*never go to Goomba's pizzaria, lol.
*it's hard to find a job
*the city is crazy about parking on your own property- my husband parked his work truck and trailer in the backyard behind the fence, and still got citations...
*there's really nothing to do there
*designed for retired- this may be good for other people, but they treated us very poorly, even though we were very polite, respectful neighbors- no loud parties or trashy yard, kept our kids under control unlike other parents, but it didn't matter, they did not like us because of our age and complained about it in front of us to each other like we weren't even standing there.
*graffiti spraypainted on our street, vulgar and gross!
*attempted break in at our house, and the little old couple across the street
*drugs running in and out of the neighborhood.
*CRAZY DRIVERS- worse than Atlanta! And half of them should have their licences taken away because they are too old to drive safely. Scary.

We lived in the "R" section, and it was nice when we first moved there, but really went downhill over the few years we were there. I've heard so many nice things about the other side of town- "C" section, "F", and "B". If you can afford it- the Hammock Dunes Community is very nice, The Plantation Bay, Grandhaven, The Palm Coast Plantation, The Sanctuary, these are all very wealthy gated communities. The Chief of police told us the "R" section was the worst part of the town and got that way over only the last year, and to steer clear of it. We decided to move to the beach.

If you move there, just please be careful where you choose! Your experience could be better than mine, just a friendly word of caution.
Good luck! ~Audrey :-)

Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 AM

5,969 posts, read 8,853,978 times
I would not move there, I would be bored out of my mind.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:37 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,980,322 times
Use the search tool on this forum. There are several Palm Coast threads.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:49 PM

93 posts, read 356,990 times
PC is definitely not an Orlando. Thank Heaven! Definitely a slower pace, small town feel. Mother Nature all around with many really nice parks with the Intracoastal and the beach right at our door. There are organized sporting, cheerleading, dance activities for the kids.There are some plays/musical events that come to Flagler/Palm Coast Auditorium otherwise we have to go to Daytona's Peabody Auditorium or Ocean Center unless you want to drive to Orlando or Jax. for really big name events, which we have done.

Traffic is definitely more than it used to be 11 yrs ago along with the crime and the drug problem. We've raised 2 kids here and haven't had any problems with crime or the neighbor/retiree problems mentioned by Audreyonthebeach and we weren't retirement age and still aren't. We live in the "B" section. "E" section is also very nice in addition to what "Audrey" stated. Finding a job is hard right now so if interested in whatever town you choose, make sure you have a job. Good Luck!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:12 PM

10,145 posts, read 5,383,140 times
Palm Coast is a horrible place to live. It's an endless sprawling maze of ugly, cookie-cutter stucco houses with no character. And most everyone there is from NY or NJ. The city has absolutely no character, it's like the Twilight Zone. Nothing but a steamy heap of rotting Yankees.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:39 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,980,322 times
[quote=FSUMike;7583296]Palm Coast is a horrible place to live. It's an endless sprawling maze of ugly, cookie-cutter stucco houses with no character. And most everyone there is from NY or NJ. The city has absolutely no character, it's like the Twilight Zone. Nothing but a steamy heap of rotting Yankees.[/QUOTE

No, it's a steaming heap of rude New York & New Jersey triple dippers (retired, "disabled," & social security,) and all their children and their childrens illegitimate children, so the kids receive financial aid.

Last edited by ssg II; 02-22-2009 at 08:05 PM..

Old 02-22-2009, 07:47 PM

263 posts, read 544,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsumike View Post
palm coast is a horrible place to live. It's an endless sprawling maze of ugly, cookie-cutter stucco houses with no character. And most everyone there is from ny or nj. The city has absolutely no character, it's like the twilight zone. Nothing but a steamy heap of rotting yankees.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM

5,969 posts, read 8,853,978 times
Palm Coast should not be called a city, it is a subdivision, and a bad one at that, in the middle of nowhere.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,612,144 times
I've tried to stay away, but I couldn't. It seems like most of the people here HATE Palm Coast. We've lived there for about 6 months now and we love it. My son loves school and he has a phenomenal teacher. We love the school, church, neighborhood, parks, the beach, the activities. There's not exactly a lot of night life, but that's not anything that we took advantage of elsewhere. I think Palm Coast is a great place to raise a family. It all depends on what you're looking for. If family bike rides and walks in beatiful parks turn you on, then you might want to consider it. If you like lots of night life and fancy boutiques, keep looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida