Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:32 AM

58 posts, read 182,243 times

Advertisements

I'm back from my trip to to Bradenton/Central Florida.
Wonderful perfect weather.
75 - 80 all week, a little rain on Friday afternoon.
Unreal weather.
I'm back in Chitcago, where currently it's 40 degrees windy and rainy.
What a difference.
Luxury to misery in a few short hours!
Bradenton is beautiful. Central Florida has really stepped it up too.

I'm one step closer to moving and becoming a Floridian!

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 08:44 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Come back in April-October. You'll love sleeping without air conditioning! Our insects say "ya'll come back now, ya hear!"

Old 03-19-2007, 08:48 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
You'll love sleeping without air conditioning!

Why on earth would he sleep without air conditioning?

Old 03-19-2007, 08:53 AM

Not sure about then, but I didn't need a thing to sleep last week...

perfect!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:59 AM

45 posts, read 305,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Come back in April-October. You'll love sleeping without air conditioning! Our insects say "ya'll come back now, ya hear!"
I'll take the summer in the Keys any time, its better than hot, sticky, no breeze, smog that you get in the northern cities.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:13 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfromredtide View Post
I'll take the summer in the Keys any time, its better than hot, sticky, no breeze, smog that you get in the northern cities.

Well the air is clean but is so thick with mosquitoes you may not appreciate it. Once I got locked outside at night and my ears were hurting from all the buzzing! The heat and humidity are unreal as contrary to popular belief, most nights have no breeze at all. Unlike mainland Florida we rarely get relief from thunderstorms and when one builds over Homestead the hot air is forced back to us. When the generator broke down and I had no power it was so hot I went outside. Even sleeping under a mosquito net it was just too hot outside. The ocean temps are always over 80 degrees in the summer, so the nights here are beyond awful, trust me- I actually live here!

Old 03-23-2007, 07:17 AM

489 posts, read 2,015,127 times
Bradenton is NOT South Florida. It is a different world in West Central FL. I wish the original poster of this thread much luck. Once you are there, settled in, and loving it, don't make the mistake of thinking that everywhere in FL is that way because it isn't. We are on our way back to Tampa Bay because we thought life in all of FL was the way it was in Tampa Bay, and it just isn't.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 AM

I have family in central florida for the past 40 years, some have been transplants and some are native born.
I am familiar with florida during all seasons and all weathers.
I am also familiar with chicago's seasons and weathers.

I consider florida a long hot humid summer, and very mild winter. Chicago has a brief hot humid summer, with a long cold dark winter.
I prefer the long hot humid summer over the long cold dark winter.

I've spent much time in florida, for one would have to to make a life changing move as i'm about to.

I love heat, and hate cold. basically that what it boils down to.
it was 40 and rainy in chicago.....again. miserable.

i've had enough of winter, simple enough. I can't get enough of summer summer, hot, humid what have you.
I have had enough of winter. I surpassed my tolerance for winter when i was about 13 years old.

peace.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:25 AM

523 posts, read 2,830,007 times
I agree, I moved to Florida after one snowstorm in Lake Erie Pa, at age 19,
That was 39 yrs ago, My family has all followed me here. We enjoy the heat I guess. I love the Bradenton Area, my favorite beaches.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:35 AM

My family rarely comes up north, and never during winter.
We had a death in the family in January, and most were up here, and were miserable. To be hones it wasnt that bad for a january (in the 20's) but they cursed the weather and couldn't wait to get home.

They tease me for being stuck here, and then I cry.

Well I don't cry really, but they do make fun of me.

peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida