Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,686 times

Advertisements

Thank you - I am a nice person - would give you the shirt off my back, but as I said before the family is in SFL and loving it so, that is where we are off too. Don't get me wrong, I can handle the Hustle and Bustle, but it wears on you after a while, you know what I mean. There is something to be said for calmness. I hope I will find a happy median, at the very least, SFL is still a slower pace than NYC.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:06 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Well, if you live in Naples, Florida it is certainly calm, as in, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:46 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
Of course, nobody doubts that. Assuming you live in VB as your name might indicate, most of the folks there are from up north anyway.
Jeez, generalize much???

Old 03-04-2009, 03:58 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,167 times
Did I say something that isnt true? Please enlighten me. Where are you from Vero Beach, if you dont mind me asking?

Old 03-04-2009, 04:02 PM

Default *cough, cough, cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Jeez, generalize much???

"Some of the rudest drivers I've encountered were contractors in pick-ups buzzing to and from their jobs or Subway or wherever. Now that the construction industry has dried up, they've disppeared. Are they Northerners? I don't think so... Just Floridians in a reckless hurry."

-Vero Beach

Old 03-04-2009, 04:15 PM

208 posts, read 605,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
Floridians hate Northerners for the same reason that alot of Wisconsin people hate Illinois people - Because they are tourists. But they do like the revenue that it generates for the states and hotel tax revenue from the Northern tourists is the main reason why Floridians do not have a state income tax.

...or when the Vermonters complain about the "flatlanders" and Mainers complain about the "Mass-holes".

Some of my in-laws are from Wisconsin and they complain about the FIB's...usually in a joking manner though.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:20 PM

208 posts, read 605,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Jeez, generalize much???
Well it is true that most Floridians aren't even from the state. It is also safe to assume to most of the drivers aren't from Florida either, even if they have a Florida plate on their car. I lived in Florida at one time and had a Florida plate but that didn't make me a native. Most of the co-workers were from other states too and switched plates when they moved to FL.

Interestingly, the few Florida natives I drove with drive nothing like most of the people down there. They were actually quite laid back. Of course that doesn't mean there aren't bad native drivers.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:59 PM

"Interestingly, the few Florida natives I drove with drive nothing like most of the people down there. They were actually quite laid back. Of course that doesn't mean there aren't bad native drivers."

Ahhh.... the good old days...lol. I wish those native FL drivers would stay in FL and stop moving away...then FL would be a pleasant place to drive again...I am only kidding! There are good Northern drivers too!

But I agree about the "laidback" native drivers. And, as I said up above, most of these bad drivers mentioned arent from FL anyhow, just b/c they have a FL plate doesnt make them from FL!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:00 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Quote:
"Some of the rudest drivers I've encountered were contractors in pick-ups buzzing to and from their jobs or Subway or wherever. Now that the construction industry has dried up, they've disppeared. Are they Northerners? I don't think so... Just Floridians in a reckless hurry."

-Vero Beach
You bet!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Did I say something that isnt true? Please enlighten me. Where are you from Vero Beach, if you dont mind me asking?

VB, did I say something untrue, when you ask if I generalize much? (post up above).

Are ppl mostly in VB not from up north? Can I ask where you are from Vero Beach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida