Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM

195 posts, read 1,168,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I just try my best to ignore everybody and everything around me. I suppose that to some people might be rude, but I have no desire to put down roots, make friends, CHANGE FLORIDA, or anything else. I am just biding my time until I can leave. Until then, I just want to be left alone. Is that too much to ask?
TANaples, I've read about your situation before on another thread...how are things going for you and your move back north? Any idea on when you can move back? I hope it works out well for you soon.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:02 PM

195 posts, read 1,168,227 times
Default Good luck to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
...the family is in SFL and loving it so, that is where we are off too. Don't get me wrong, I can handle the Hustle and Bustle, but it wears on you after a while, you know what I mean. There is something to be said for calmness. I hope I will find a happy median, at the very least, SFL is still a slower pace than NYC.
I know what you mean...you're lucky to have family down there...I wish I did. My mother in law is purchasing a snowbird residence down there soon. So we'll have her for part of the year...we have tons of friends and distant relatives we hear from once in a blue moon down there...so I guess we'll be getting closer to them now...

Old 03-05-2009, 07:02 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
Quote:
I just try my best to ignore everybody and everything around me. I suppose that to some people might be rude, but I have no desire to put down roots, make friends, CHANGE FLORIDA, or anything else. I am just biding my time until I can leave. Until then, I just want to be left alone. Is that too much to ask?
Thats the best thing you can do. When you are back home it will be all worth it. Thats how I felt before I left Florida.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:23 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Thats the best thing you can do. When you are back home it will be all worth it. Thats how I felt before I left Florida.

Hope you're doing well back north Must be nice being back.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 PM

8 posts, read 22,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
I have read it over and over again on the threads and still haven't really figured out why. There are so many states where people from up north move to and aren't criticized nearly as much as they are in Florida. Do Floridians get the same treatment when they move to another state?
Plain and simple, people from other states don't want to hear about how life was in NY, or up north for that matter. Also, wouldn't you want to know flat out if someone has something against you for whatever reason? You don't get that kind of honesty up north I've also noticed you haven't posted any examples of being ridiculed. Got any?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Hope you're doing well back north Must be nice being back.
I am doing great, its great to be back up North. Enjoying the Philadelphia area.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:17 AM

561 posts, read 1,922,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I am doing great, its great to be back up North. Enjoying the Philadelphia area.
Congratulations on making it back to civilization! In a few weeks you will have some of the best weather around.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:51 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Default Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
Congratulations on making it back to civilization! In a few weeks you will have some of the best weather around.
That is what is so nice about 4 seasons. Just when you get tired of one, it ends and another comes along. Even I used to get tired of winter around March, but then along came Spring. However, I used to wish that Spring lasted until Fall. I could have just skipped Summer entirely.

Good luck, and much happiness, to those who have returned North.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:20 AM

561 posts, read 1,922,910 times
Quote:
That is what is so nice about 4 seasons. Just when you get tired of one, it ends and another comes along. Even I used to get tired of winter around March, but then along came Spring. However, I used to wish that Spring lasted until Fall. I could have just skipped Summer entirely.

Good luck, and much happiness, to those who have returned North.
...and 3 of the 4 seasons in my opinion are better than the weather down here.

I mean, for me, from April-December is tolerable to awesome weather. Even though mid November and December can be cold, it's the holiday season and I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Then you have July and August which are hot, but still not as oppressive as down here is most of the year! Then May, June, and September can be some of the best weather around. April and October is kind of split with half of each month being very nice and the other half can be cold sometimes.

So that leaves January through March. Yes, those months are cold and snowy. Then again, not straight through. We had some "warm patches", in there this year where the temps got into the 50's and even hit 60 degrees.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. Having spent over 25 years in both NY and CT, then over 5 years down here, I like the 4 seasons better.

Plus, having a family of my own I think has a lot to do with that too. I had a blast growing up with all 4 seasons and I feel like my children are missing out on that.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
Thanks, I love the weather. Its great to finally be able to walk to places and have good public transportation and not have to drive everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida