Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:24 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,336,596 times

Advertisements

Lesson to the wise - if you are planning to do anything but go straight, use your indicator. It doesn't mean that drivers will be more observant, but at least you know that you abided by the rules of the road. Doesn't make it any less frustrating and, yes, the other driver was in the wrong.

For what it's worth. One day I was driving in a construction zone and the lady behind me was following way too close. I had to make a sudden stop (short of splamming on my brakes). The lady behind me hit me (no damage to me) by running into my hitch. The police officer wanted to know what happened. She told him it was my fault because I stopped too quickly. He looked at her and said "lady, you wouldn't have hit her (me) if you hadn't followed so closely." She got the ticket.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:26 PM

910 posts, read 2,315,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooring Footers View Post
Thank you. This is what I have been saying all along and getting ridiculed for. I have said the exact same thing is what you have written ngrome. I observe the exact same thing! For you all that think I am the jerk for reporting what I see, dont give me crap because of what I have observed. I cant help what they do and how they act. Dont shoot the messenger guys! Good grief!

I hate when people honk when you let someone cross the road. Here we are being nice and we get the middle finger and cursed at, for doing the right thing. I am a good driver and very courteous as well.

I wouldnt be bickering if it werent an issue! I encounter more inconsiderate and rude drivers in FL in one year than I did my entire time in NC. Honest to God. I am a FL native, and I want things to change in FL, but they are not. So instead of dealing with it or sweeping it under the rug, I am choosing to move out of FL.
Have you decided where to move yet? Go move up to suburban Chicago with me. When we spend time up there, it's like a vacation from the hectic driving in FL, specifically, Orlando. Mine and my wife's blood pressure go way down driving around in suburban Chicago, and driving isn't a chore or an issue up there, it's just a given to be courteous and polite. When we were going around looking for houses, our realtor was really apologetic about how bad the traffic was on one of the roads she was driving us on, and my wife and I were actually laughing, saying this is considered bad? It's just a lot of cars, but no malicious driving or tailgating or anything like that with what we experienced up north. But if that's considered bad, I'll take IL bad over FL bad anytime. Eventually in time, I'll probably consider that bad too, but it'll be nothing like SR 50 (Colonial), University, and Alfaya, and that's just the local streets, not to mention the 408 and parts of I4.

I don't care if people don't want to live up north because of the snow and cold, that just means less chance of bringing the bad drivers up there with us. They don't know what they're missing with life up there, and they can keep it that way.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,999,391 times
yes, new jersey and new york types are the absolute worst! I can't say that I was surprised to hear the guy had a NJ tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2Tampa View Post
You didn't use your turn signal to let him know you were turning? That's pretty rude.
for your driveway, in a subdivision? nonsense!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:22 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,738,466 times
not nonsense, proper driving etiquette, however the other guy was a jerk for tailgating.[/SIZE]

Old 02-25-2009, 03:43 PM

32 posts, read 93,795 times
Wow, regaurdless of where you're from or what you've experienced or what race people are, etc... bla bla bla, everyone should drive politely. But they don't. Really glad you're okay PF.
And along with driving politely, they should have their driving skills checked yearly. Especially when they hit the "old" mark. This little old man pulled right out in front of me earlier today. He did not look either way, just mosied his ancient butt out there. I was going 60. I had to swerve off the road. I about had an accident in my pants because it scared me so bad. My kids were in the car. I guess that made me even more upset. I had to sit in the car for a few minutes and just breathe. Sooo fortunate nothing really bad happened.
Geez, where is a cop when you need one?

Old 02-25-2009, 03:45 PM

36 posts, read 171,088 times
If I'm following someone down a street and they are coming to a stop, with no signal, or stop sign, I will pass them. If I am on a one-way street then I move over to the side of the road that I'm going to be turning on. It is dangerous to drive on the right side of a one-way street and turn left, and illegal too.

The guy shouldn't have been tailgating or speeding though.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,738,466 times
Hey Audrey - I agree - it makes you wanna fight somebody, but you can't. I know I just want to hit something when things like that happen. Some people clearly should never get licenses. EVER. I'm here to say, when I get too old, I hope my kids take those keys from me. At least that is what I say now - LOL.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
not nonsense, proper driving etiquette, however the other guy was a jerk for tailgating.[/SIZE]
Totally dorky...

Old 02-25-2009, 04:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,024 times
Unless you live in fl. You can't imagine how many bad drivers and its not old people

Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM

i'm just bored at work, don't take offense to my posts. i guess because i live on a dead end street, no one EVER uses a turn signal for their own driveway. lol. just sounds silly to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida