Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:10 AM

276 posts, read 1,141,991 times

Advertisements

Why were you on a one way in the right lane trying to turn left? I would've tried to pass you on the left also...and since when can you not pass on a one way? Is there a sign that say no passing? If not, it was legal.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM

501 posts, read 1,429,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooring Footers View Post
Picture it in your head... how is this safe at all? My house is on the LEFT and he is trying to pass me on my LEFT. Picture it in your head. I am driving on the right side of the road and turning left into my driveway. Why would I rather hit t-bone me than rear-end me? And why do I even need to be concerened and have to choose if I'd rather be hit in the rear or on the side? That's the sad part.

It wouldnt matter what plate he had. All I said was that I wasnt suprised. Compelled you live in S FL, you know how it is, so it shouldnt suprise you either.

And, if you look up information on the net, these 5 states are consistently rated the worst. Look at the 5 places and one can see why FL is bad. They all move down here!
1. Rhode Island
2. Massachusetts
3. New Jersey
4. New York
5. Washington, DC
Ai yai yai.. Blame an entire state for your misery. There are bad drivers everywhere. And you mean, if the license plate read Florida instead of NJ or any other state in the northeast, it would've been ok? What if the car was driven by a Floridian? (Some rental cars have different plate numbers.)

You know, there are a lot of Florida license plates up here. I'm not surprised if people from down south come up here from time to time. But, there's also people who live here with Florida license plates. Point is, not everyone with the said license plate might even be from that said state.

Anyways, telling from your situation, you didn't use a signal. Point blank. =_= I've seen plenty of people from West and East not use their signal regardless of where they are. If you want to see crazy driving though, go to Egypt.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:41 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,763,584 times
You know that everyone is going to say you are a Northerner for this response - LOL.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,897,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cia191630 View Post
Why were you on a one way in the right lane trying to turn left? I would've tried to pass you on the left also...and since when can you not pass on a one way? Is there a sign that say no passing? If not, it was legal.
I think the OP meant that there were two lanes, one going one direction, the other going the opposite direction. Not two lanes in each direction. That's how our subdivisions here in Miami are. I've never seen a 4 lane subdivision. I've also never seen someone use their turn signal to turn into their driveway. When I'm behind someone in a subdivision I naturally assume that they will be turning into one of the homes, especially if they're going slow. I live in Miami (probably the worst drivers in the state!) and I don't think I've ever seen someone pass someone driving through a subdivision. That's ridiculously impatient, even for here!

Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 AM

276 posts, read 1,141,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I think the OP meant that there were two lanes, one going one direction, the other going the opposite direction. Not two lanes in each direction.
Then it wouldn't be a one way

Old 03-08-2009, 12:15 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
If you were turning left from a one-way street, why aren't you already over to the left so that traffic could get by you? Why is there so much space on your left left that it would have even been possible for someone to pass you had you not been turning?

Seems to me like there were two in this tango.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:21 AM

501 posts, read 1,429,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
You know that everyone is going to say you are a Northerner for this response - LOL.
That's fine. We're northerners, right? >D (Except for the transplants who come from all over...) I'm just tired of seeing the North being generalized into one catergory when it could apply to just about any state.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If you were turning left from a one-way street, why aren't you already over to the left so that traffic could get by you? Why is there so much space on your left left that it would have even been possible for someone to pass you had you not been turning?

Seems to me like there were two in this tango.
I'm with you and Unknown. Notice we haven't heard from the OP ever since some of us pointed out, I did on the previous page, that if he was driving slowly, riding his brakes, and didn't use his turn signal, AND turned left from the right lane, he should not be surprised someone tried to pass him, transplant or native.
Now, WHO'S the bad driver???

Old 03-08-2009, 12:04 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
If this thread is trying to make one believe this only happens in Florida then someone is sadly lost in space.

Happens in every neighborhood and on every road in America!

----NJ plates----

Personally thinking, NJ people are born to be rude and very forceful people, just they way most of them are.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:13 PM

831 posts, read 2,436,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If this thread is trying to make one believe this only happens in Florida then someone is sadly lost in space.

Happens in every neighborhood and on every road in America!

----NJ plates----

Personally thinking, NJ people are born to be rude and very forceful people, just they way most of them are.

Wow your going to get a lot of back lash for this one. NJ people aren't born to be rude, we are just "matter of fact" and don't see the need to put up with the bs'ers. One thing you will find about NJ people is they got your back regardless of where you come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida