Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Two categories here...

Those who have never seen snow...period. Either in Florida or elsewhere. Probably those who have never left the state in winter.

And those who have never seen snow in their place of residents in Florida. I know most of Florida has seen snow before - even Miami, once in 1977.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
I have never seen snow. I've traveled all over-England, Ireland, Scotland, Mexico, etc but always in the summer. I did go up to NY one time in the winter but they didn't have any snow. I'm a native Floridian and have never seen snow. I think I'd like to see it-once.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:03 AM

564 posts, read 1,878,815 times
My roommate in the Army was from Ocala, he had never seen snow until we got some at Fort Campbell. He was 20ish and was like a little kid at Christmas, playing in it!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:50 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,912 times
I am from Miami and now live in Tampa. I saw snow for the first time when I was 21-and funny enough it is when I lived in Tucson, AZ. for 6 mons. Go figure! lol

Old 02-25-2009, 11:54 AM

448 posts, read 1,470,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I have never seen snow. I've traveled all over-England, Ireland, Scotland, Mexico, etc but always in the summer. I did go up to NY one time in the winter but they didn't have any snow. I'm a native Floridian and have never seen snow. I think I'd like to see it-once.

I can send you some when it snows again lol... We usually have one last bang in March. Last year we received 18 inches of snow. I opened the garage door and looked at my neighbor and said "how the am I going to get out of the @#^&*# garage?! You had to shovel it by layers. But, I did have Jimmy Buffett playing on our sound system and a cold beer chillin' in the snow

Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM

439 posts, read 1,748,116 times
I'm one for this category too. I may have been in Miami for that 1977 "snow" but I wasn't even 2 years old. I don't remember it, therefore it does not count.

I've been north of Florida in the colder months. I went to Atlanta for Christmas in 2001. We left to return to FL on New Years Day--they got 5 inches of snow a day or 2 after we left. Then this past Thanksgiving we went to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. My inlaws were driving the Friday before Thanksgiving from Newport News, VA to the OBX in snow. My FIL said it was the first time in the 40 years they'd been going there for Thanksgiving that they've driven in snow to get there. We weren't going to be there until sometime Saturday and by then it was all gone. It was cold for the rest of our trip but no snow. Again

We were supposed to go to northern VA for a wedding over Valentines weekend. Due to financial issues, only my husband could go. It was originally forecasted to snow but ended up not doing so. If it had snowed, I would have been livid.

I just want to see some snow, and so does my daughter. Is that too much to ask?

Old 02-25-2009, 04:46 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,763,584 times
Really? I had no idea that it snowed there.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:01 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
Naples has a "Snowfest" every year for the kids. They build a mountain of snow (Golden Gate Community Park?) and the kids can play/slide down it.

A few of the kids in class, who are native Floridians, go to this every year. They say they have a lot of fun, but "remember to wear mittens".

Old 02-25-2009, 05:12 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I woulda thought those pictures I sent you of my deck and my front yard and driveway would make you think twice about that!!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:37 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
I woulda thought those pictures I sent you of my deck and my front yard and driveway would make you think twice about that!!

Oh ya, I have seen snow in the pictures that the Cool's sent me Like I said, I'd like to see it just once and then I think I'd be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida