Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 PM

4,892 posts, read 14,092,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlenew40 View Post
we are thinking of moving to fl. don't know where we vaca in kissimee every year for the past 12 years, we live in nh its real cold tired of the snow and cold looking for somthing warm we love kissimmee when we are there although it gets too hot in the summer we just don't know i read all these posts and wow is it realy that bad in fl. prices are high in nh. there is no jobs anyware in the us. my husband has been looking for a job here for over a year no luck crime well come on where there is people you have crime . just to find a place that has less crime .fl. has alot of heat nh. is real cold . i thought maybe lakeland fl. what do you think am i making a mistake ?
Don't come without a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 8,221 times
I moved to South Florida from Connecticut for 6 months and I absolutely loved it. The people were great and the weather was to die for. I ended up moving back because I absolutely could not find a decent job. I am a licensed clinician and the jobs were starting out close to 20,000 less than what I make in CT. I tried to stick it out but it took a really long time for jobs to call to even set up interviews. As a result I moved back home and found a great job in 3 weeks. I sent my resume out they called me back within 3 days. In Florida, I sent my resume out and it took months for a call back. Not really sure what that was about, maybe things are just more fast paced up here. None the less I love Florida and would love to move back there sometime soon while I'm still young. Everyone says, move there when you retire but I want to enjoy it now! I can't wait to make my way back sometime soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 8,221 times
Oh yeah and if your complaining about a culturally diverse place, that sound like more of a personal issue and not a problem with a state

Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,830 times
For South Florida family living, try Coral Springs or Boynton Beach. Beautiful towns to live in, but expensive, are Parkland, Boca Raton, and Wellington.

There's a beautiful area in West Palm Beach with large, attractive homes (all 1 acre+ lots), but buyer beware, as it's recently been in the news (Cancer cluster). People suspect it may be the well water.

Jupiter is nice, a little further north, but quieter. If you're buying a home now, great time to do it. Be aware that if you buy a short sale, it may be months and months to close (banks aren't in any hurry to sign off on these).

Good luck.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:42 AM

31 posts, read 171,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymillennium View Post
well Its me again!!! billymillennium!!! lol!!! okaY heres my new question...my new gainesville employer will pay me $17.00 dallars per hour(plusOverTime)...will survival be diffacult there??? seeing Im from Northern Indiana...Is &17.00 per hour dangerouse living there???
ThankYou!
Hey billymillennium, I am considering moving to FL from Indiana also. gainesville is my first choice because of the university. I was wondering how difficult it was for you to find a job and how you got so lucky! I just want to make sure I will be able to get a good paying job while going to school.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:11 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,756,124 times
Daydai I hope Billy answers you but his post was from 2007, and his last post on the forum was 2008.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:42 AM

31 posts, read 171,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Daydai I hope Billy answers you but his post was from 2007, and his last post on the forum was 2008.
Oh thanks. I didnt pay any attention to the dates.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:35 AM

18 posts, read 37,408 times
I'm from NYC and am looking to move south to Florida. I'd like to continue working in the financial services field (front office), but am not sure which area is best. A hedge fund, private bank or private equity shop would be great. Is there a city that houses most of these businesses?

Thanks.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,592 times
[FONT=Verdana]I am from NYC and currently live in Florida. I love living down here and I would never move back to NYC. The rent is a lot cheaper and the communities are great. You do not need to be rich to live in Florida. However, you do need to be rich to live in NYC. A one bedroom apartment in NYC is about 1250 to 3000 a month and the conditions of the apartments in NYC are usually poor. Purchasing property down here is not that expensive. Actually, it is pretty cheap compared to NYC. For example, condos in Florida are about 150,000 to 300,000 depending on size and location. However, in NYC condos run anywhere between 1,000,000 and 20,000,000. It is very economical living in Florida and I would never leave this state unless I am vacationing. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Cai,[/FONT]

Old 04-03-2011, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,534 times
Okay, so we are considering a move to South West Florida this year. We currently live in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area. I work out of my home, and my wife works in healthcare. We have a 12 year old son. Any suggestions that would be a good place for a family of three. After some initial research there does not seem to be much of a difference in cost of living expenditures. Other than possibly Hurricane insurance. We have a couple reasons for wanting to move to SW Fl, weather and my mother lives in Naples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida