Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2007, 01:09 PM

267 posts, read 1,140,906 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any good preschools in Spring Hill. I have heard of a program called Head Start, but am not too familiar with it. Does anyone have any info on this subject??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 03:34 AM

125 posts, read 504,966 times
It goes according to income (headstart). There also is VPK where put on by the state. They pay three hours of childcare in the day cares. You need to call CDS. They do not go by income. I beleive the head start in Hernando has it in the day cares. Head Start in Pasco holds it in the schools. The Pasco number for Head Start is 727-774-2730. If you call them they may be able to give you the number for Hernando Head Start. They also can give you the number for the VPK. Hope this helps.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:42 AM

267 posts, read 1,140,906 times
WOW, you were up early
Thanks for they reply. As far as the income level thing, it probably has to be a low income level, right? That probably wont work. I was really hoping that they had some independent nursery/preschools, not in a daycare setting. Someone I spoke to said that she didn't think so, but I was hoping maybe someone else had some additional info. I guess I will have to do some calling/visiting around when we get there. It's just so hard making the transition with kids, ya know? Thanks again.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 AM

198 posts, read 959,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemom View Post
WOW, you were up early
Thanks for they reply. As far as the income level thing, it probably has to be a low income level, right? That probably wont work. I was really hoping that they had some independent nursery/preschools, not in a daycare setting. Someone I spoke to said that she didn't think so, but I was hoping maybe someone else had some additional info. I guess I will have to do some calling/visiting around when we get there. It's just so hard making the transition with kids, ya know? Thanks again.
There are several good religious pre-schools/school in the area. All of our kids have or are currently are attending one. If you would like more info, let me know...

Old 05-16-2007, 08:14 AM

2 posts, read 12,744 times
Default VPK in Spring Hill

Hi there,

We just moved here last October and getting used to the schooling takes a little bit of patience ....We enrolled our 3 year old in an independent preschool and here's what we found out about VPK. When a child turns 4 (cutoff is 9/1), they are eligible for VPK, which is a half-day of pre-kindergarten, paid for by the state. ALL children are eligible for this, it is NOT income based. If you wish to keep your child in school all day, you have to pay the balance of the tuition.

It was very easy to sign up. We enrolled first at the school, then they gave us the form for Child Development Services (CDS) and you take that, along wtih some required ID info to the CDS office and in 5 minutes, you're all set.

In terms of schools, we looked at First Friends, DiscoveryPoint and Scribbles. Also looked at some church run schools. We chose Scribbles based upon how close it's curriculum was to our Goddard School in NJ and on friend's recommendations and we're fairly happy.

Wait though, till your children are of public school age - that's where it gets confusing around here. I've been following the school grading, all the hype about the FCATs and Hernando's "magnet" schools by which you have to get in thru lottery (nice way to guarantee your kid gets best education, on luck) and I'm concerned about how they do things around here. Hoping the new superintendent, who's from a bigger district, will organize it better...otherwise, there's always private school Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida