Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 03:48 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,892,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
movingscam.com
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 03:57 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,243 times
you're welcome. It sounds like you have a good plan and reason for moving here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
Thanks!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
you're welcome. It sounds like you have a good plan and reason for moving here.
Thanks -- we're looking forward to getting started. Finding a house that suits our needs and lifestyle is number one.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:16 PM

I've noticed a lot of the ones who complain on here seem to be in South Florida. I happen to like it down there, but I think we have less problems in central and north Florida.

Quote:
Thanks -- we're looking forward to getting started. Finding a house that suits our needs and lifestyle is number one.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:15 PM

South Florida is too dangerous -- too many hurricanes. It's too expensive -- higher cost of living and house insurance. Central Florida is what we want -- it's not a destination, not filled with resorts, but is an area where people go to live, not play. We've going there for the rest of our lives -- not a vacation.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:27 PM

I agree, although we can get hurricanes here too now and then. But they always seem to get it worse. It's a great lifestyle down there though if you have a lot of money and can live in one of the nice areas. But I wouldn't want to live in a 24 hour beach party town either, I know what you mean, that's too much of a "scene" after awhile when you're trying to live a real life.

Quote:
South Florida is too dangerous -- too many hurricanes. It's too expensive -- higher cost of living and house insurance. Central Florida is what we want -- it's not a destination, not filled with resorts, but is an area where people go to live, not play. We've going there for the rest of our lives -- not a vacation.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:11 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
It is fun to go to garage sales down here. You find loads of winter cloths and winter coats people brought with them. They may have paid like $300.00 for a coat they can't get $10.00 for at their garage sale. Even business men often don't ware business suits. I go to my attorneys office and he is sitting there in a tennis outfit. It is a different culture and one that can be fun to get used to. I love the tropical stuff. My wife is very colorful in the way she dresses. And yes, most of my shoes are sandals. I love Earth shoes. In fact if you are in a store and look down, you would be hard pressed to see a closed pair of shoes on anyone beyond maybe a sneaker. I haven't worn anything but shorts in maybe 40 years. I think you will fit right in.
Thank you. We love the tropical look and will be having fun re decorating a home in Florida with that theme.

Yes, barefoot, sandals, tank tops and shorts will be the only attire.

Like On-Da-Beach calls it, we will be having the "flip flop tans"

I have been coming to Florida and buying at antique shops and flea markets for 20+ years and it is a joke among some antique dealers here in Ohio that I go to Florida on vacation and come back with a van load of stuff these people took from Ohio to Florida.

We have been known to go to Webster on Monday morning and fill the van with antiques and drive around Florida the rest of the week with those antiques in the van.

We would have to unload half the van to get to our luggage! One time we bought so much stuff we had to have Uhaul put a hitch on the back of the van and towed a Uhaul trailer home full of goodies.

And yes, people in the north take a ton of stuff with them and people like me buy it and bring it back here and re sell it. I have paid for many vacation by doing that in Florida! Something you can not do anywhere else.

Gosh you guys want to make me head to Florida right now.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 PM

Don't come right now, it's pouring rain, with flood warnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Gosh you guys want to make me head to Florida right now.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:29 PM

158 posts, read 158,253 times
Quote:
I agree with this, except for Orlando. You have never seen so many people moving in and out (transient) as in Orlando.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 PM

I think it depends what part of Orlando your talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Octagon View Post
I agree with this, except for Orlando. You have never seen so many people moving in and out (transient) as in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida