Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 02:07 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times

Advertisements

Oh wow, spring has arrived. ( Well not really )

The sun in shining here in Ohio. Ready to go outside for a while. Maybe clean up the tractor for the summer grass chores.

Wait, stepped outside to see the wind chill and air blowing, it took me all but 10 minutes outside to have s stuffy nose and closed up ears.

Buds are blooming and causing my allergies to soar.

Back to the normal 2 times a year allergy medicines so I can breathe.

I am now back inside as the sun looked nice but the air is not.

Cannot wait to get out of this crappy place so I can have a real life and be able to breathe and be warm.

Yup, I am jealous of these poor folks up north too. No one out here even with the sun out. I can see all around my neighborhood and thought being Saturday and the sun shining people would be out and about. NOT SO.

Too windy and chilly yet, guess we can look forward to June.

My kids, well they wont go outside either, so they invited their friends here and they are in the garage playing in the blow up ball jumpy they have. Normally we can take it out into the yard so they all can be in the ball jumpy. Not today folks. Still too cold for them also.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
We feel very sorry for anyone that lives in Florida
Thats hard to believe.....I see you live in Collingswood, New Jersey which is directly next to Camden.....the murder and crime capital of the United States.....more murders in Camden based on population that any other city in the US....not to mention traffic all day long.....out of control cost of living and insane property taxes......you had better look around you before you start feeling sorry for those in Florida.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
Default I used to feel sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Thats hard to believe.....I see you live in Collingswood, New Jersey which is directly next to Camden.....the murder and crime capital of the United States.....more murders in Camden based on population that any other city in the US....not to mention traffic all day long.....out of control cost of living and insane property taxes......you had better look around you before you start feeling sorry for those in Florida.
feel sorry for people living in Florida when I moved away in 1971. I really did. Now, I feel sorry for ME and envy those, including my own daughter who just left, who live in the NE.

They are just getting to experience SPRING. I am just getting over summer in winter and have hotter than hell summer to look forward to.

It really is all relative. You just plain cannot generalize.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:27 PM

558 posts, read 1,835,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words:
North -vs- Florida
It sure is.

North: 2-3 months of the year

Florida: 9-10 months of the year

Old 03-21-2009, 02:29 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
You are rediculous, what does living close to Camden have to do with me? I live in Collingswood, not Camden, in case you did not know Collingswood is a safe historic town with excellent amenities and high speed rail into the city. Where have you been in Florida that does not have traffic, is traffic only confined to the North? I don't find the cost of living out of control. I find it reasonable for the wages in the area. I lived in Orlando and did not find it much cheaper and I was making almost 1/2 my current salary.

Here are the crime ranking for 2008, as you can see Florida cities come up very often.

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/City...8_Rank_Rev.pdf

Here is some info about my town, so next time you know what you are talking about:
http://www.collingswood.com/

Old 03-21-2009, 02:40 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Wow, FloridaBound09 is back! ..interesting...and lame...

Geez, at least pick a different home state to make the posts that more humorous!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:40 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
I live in good, old Naples. Naples is cheap? I don't think so. It's a wash in comparison to Long Island.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:45 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Bet you could not find a handful of people like you in one day in Philly.
Not only could I find I handful, I could find thousands. Most younger(20's-40's, and some much older) people I know would not want to move to Florida. They want the career opportunities, wages, and excitment Northern cities provide.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:46 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Not only could I find I handful, I could find thousands. Most younger(20's-40's, and some much older) people I know would not want to move to Florida. They want the career opportunities, wages, and excitment Northern cities provide.
DJ-

Your just getting into a pissing match with an instigator who switches screen names.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:47 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times
I can't believe this thread is almost 400 posts. It's been all over the place....the "Sienfeld" of threads......

Time to put it out of it's misery.........closed.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida