Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,572,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Sorry, Chelsea, I cannot think of one single thing, and I really did try. Cigarettes are cheaper than New York? They are going up April 1st because of the manufacturers, not Florida. I don't have to pay a lot of money for a wardrobe because I don't care anymore what I wear? How many shorts and capris can you possibly own? My grocery bill is way down, because again, when it is so hot I don't feel like eating? I don't have to get my car inspected once a year like in NY? If I don't want to spend the money to get the brakes, or anything else fixed, then I can just take my changes with getting into an accident? They don't FORCE you to get your car fixed here. I don't have to pay for medical insurance? The state of Florida is paying for it. Unfortunately, the doctors only work until 3 PM weekday, and not at ALL on weekends. They have to go to the beach and play golf too.

Good things? You tell ME.
Wow! TAN, wonder what you'll post in the other thread - the negative one - if these are your good things about Florida! LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 09:10 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,426 times
To Tan Apples...

I've found some of the best, hardworking, dedicated doctors here in Vero Beach. They're approachable, they remember me from visit to visit, I can get an appointment in 3 days, and the ones I go to have been educated at the best universities (some in the north/some in the south). I feel very protective of my little cache of docs. I'd miss them and the care they give if I were to leave Florida.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:13 AM

910 posts, read 2,331,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
I know, but it doesn't say what race caused the accident just which race had the accident.
Oh wow, I hadn't looked at it that way. Not that you're splitting hairs, but you do have to wonder why the race which was involved in the most accidents also happens to correlate to the population which grew the largest in central FL? I guess if there's more Hispanics in the area, then there's more likely a chance you'll be involved in an accident with them? That's very astute of you, but I still would think of the former.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
Scroll towards the bottom, it breaks it down by race.
Am I missing something? It looks like whites are in the majority of accidents. Aren't they still a majority? Why is this noteworthy? Clearly, I'm missing the point.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Am I missing something? It looks like whites are in the majority of accidents. Aren't they still a majority? Why is this noteworthy? Clearly, I'm missing the point.
No, you're right, I stand corrected. The largest majority is still the "whites", while I read it as being the largest group of non-whites. I wonder why it was presented that way, with Hispanics up on top and in fact it was labeled or group as Hispanics/non-Hispanics (or, "other than Hispanics"). Weird, is Orange County subliminally hinting at something?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 AM

436 posts, read 1,089,062 times
Quote:
True. Some people label me a basher here, but I moved to FL when it was still peaceful to live in Orlando. That is no longer the case. If you look up the stats on the ethnic group which has caused the most accidents in Orlando in recent years, here it is (scroll towards the bottom):

Florida , Orange County (http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/departments/nrd-30/ncsa/STSI/12_FL/2007/Counties/Florida_Orange%20County_2007.HTM - broken link)

I'm not making this up, it's recorded data. Ok, but this is for postitive posts, so get back to that, see mine just before this one^.
Oh man, trust me, I dont even have to look at who is causing a lot of the accidents. I drive with eyes in the back of my head in Orlando. Driving here - awful. I see it everyday, so without even looking at the stats, I know who is a major cause of the accidents.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Yes, the state has a college pre-pay program, but there's also the 529 plan that is available nationwide.
The 529 is the way to go! And it's nationwide!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
Oh man, trust me, I dont even have to look at who is causing a lot of the accidents. I drive with eyes in the back of my head in Orlando. Driving here - awful. I see it everyday, so without even looking at the stats, I know who is a major cause of the accidents.
Yeah, I know, someone corrected me above the whites were still the largest number, but in second were the Hispanics, but for some reason the survey listed them on top. BTW, I'm Hispanic a few generations removed, so I'm not out here to bash "them" LOL.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Whites a majority in Orlando? I doubt it. I live here, and that's not what I'm seeing. You include the ones here illegally and I say NO WAY are whites the majority. I say Hispanics.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM

378 posts, read 1,652,501 times
Hey beachmouse, what part of Niceville do you live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida