Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:04 PM

3 posts, read 6,371 times

Advertisements

I had an adjustable mtg coming due, 4&1/2% & called to see what fixed rate I could get. The guy said 7% for 30yrs fixed, this was a couple of months ago. I said no too high wanted to look around. He said being that I was a customer of theres for so many years I can get what is called a conversion option & when the rates fell I just call & get the lower rate with no costs involved. I remembered doing that years ago so said ok. Now the rates have fallen so I called to change it & was informed there is no conversion option, I'm stuck. I feel like a fool, I was just getting over a long illness & never read the fine print on the papers. I wrote to the CEO of Bank of America & he ignored the letter. I never thought I would get a con-man by calling the bank but I did!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:06 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Bank of America is the worst bank I've ever done business with. I closed all of my accounts with them several years ago and hope they go bankrupt.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
I've had nothing but great experiences with them. I've got a problem with a bill right now that was paid via online checking almost six months ago taht the creditor claims to never have received. B of A affirmed that it had been paid and the check was cashed and they are dealing with it.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Default Boa

Well good for you! Lets just hope you don't get the same con guy I did someday & then they do nothing about it.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoed View Post
Well good for you! Lets just hope you don't get the same con guy I did someday & then they do nothing about it.
I take the time to read fine print. I make my lawyer and CPA crazy. Why on earth would you sign a legal document without reviewing it or fully understanding it? If you weren't feeling well, why didn't you have an attorney or someone else you know review it before you signed?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I've had nothing but great experiences with them.
Really ? I had a business and personal account with them, I dropped them for Regions when Regions offered free business checking and Bank of America still charges for business accounts.

I had a personal account with them and they refused to let me switch it to the new free checking they offer then my monthly fee went from $7/mo. to $8/mo. then to $10/mo. and finally when they hit $12/mo. I left the bank and they made those increases without notifying people.

I think the thing that got me the most about BofA was that people with average credit could never dream of having a BofA credit line but they were quick to hand out credit lines to illegals.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:45 AM

I've been with them for a long time and get free checking--never paid for a checking account with them. We actually have two checking accounts, two savings accounts, a couple of IRA's, an unsecured line of credit, and a credit card with them, and have had nothing but great experiences.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:53 PM

You are right I'm an idiot! I know that I made a big mistake probably because yrs ago I did get that kind of mtg from them. I'm just warning people to be careful, never thought a bank employee would be like like that.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 PM

569 posts, read 1,669,270 times
I hate Bank Of America. Nothing but excuses and bad service. Not to mention the fact they are giving free accounts and extending credit to illegals. They might as well call it Bank Of Latin America.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:16 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
I hate Bank Of America. Nothing but excuses and bad service. Not to mention the fact they are giving free accounts and extending credit to illegals. They might as well call it Bank Of Latin America.

ROFLMAO....That's a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida