Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 10:53 PM

3 posts, read 5,444 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am planning to buy a house around Disney. Our budget is about $250K ~ $300K. My husband's job is such a way that we might leave the US in a couple of years. So it is very important for us to be able to sell the house if something like that comes up.

I have prepared a list of things that may help us sell the house faster and easier. I'd appreciate if you also share your opinion / experience with us (or add more to the list)

1- How important is it to have Lake View for a typical buyer?

2- How important is it to have Pool, Hot Tub, and Screen?

3- Is it better to buy a brand new house? or it's better to buy an old house? how old? and how much money is reasonable to renew it?

4- How much can upgrades help in attracting buyers?

5- Which area do you think could probably have a better market in the future? We have listed three zip codes: 32836, 34786, 34787 plus Hunter's Creek area.

Thank you very much in advance for your help
-Beki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 07:37 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,328,844 times
I can't answer your question as it pertains to Orlando or Disney but I can address Florida Real Estate and upgrades. Last year we put our house on the market for 6 months before pulling it off and embracing Florida as our permanent home. What we were told, and what we experienced, was that all the upgrades in the world won't stop buyers from trying to steal your house from under you. They'll just steal it faster! And newer is always better. Newer homes meet the current hurricane codes.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
What we were told, and what we experienced, was that all the upgrades in the world won't stop buyers from trying to steal your house from under you. They'll just steal it faster!
Nobody tried to steal your house. You paid too much for it.

Funny stuff.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM

2,383 posts, read 2,952,939 times
I think I'm a typical buyer and I'm in the market right now. I'm married with 2 small children and that greatly influences my choices.

1. I would love a lake or canal view, but I don't want to be on the water because I worry about my children.
2. Again, I worry about my children, so I don't want a pool. A jacuzzi tub would be nice though.
3. I don't want a house older than 5yrs because of the hurricane standards. I'm not even looking at older houses.
4. Structural upgrades are very appealing...higher ceilings, better windows, real fireplaces. Things like appliances or carpeting don't impress me as they can be changed easily.
5. I'm not in that area.

I'm not trying to "steal" anyone's house. I want the best and most house for the money. Wouldn't I be a fool to want otherwise?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 PM

3 posts, read 5,444 times
Thanks for the answers especially Sheepie2000 that answered the questions very nicely, exactly what I wanted to know

I wish more people came here and answered the questions. But I learned that it's hard to find a general rule for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: