Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times

Advertisements

Fair game for a fair response. I have found Walmart stores in general to be awful but I guess like anything else, it's all personal observation and opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:27 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Never fear this administration wants to hand out 12 million free rides to go and collect your welfare and free healthcare to all illegals.

And do not forget, they want these 12 million legals all legal before the census so they can vote on 2010 and 2012.

The more that move out the merrier for those of us who want to move in.

Maybe all the cry babies, whiners and people who are mistaken ridden and couldn't make it in Florida will be gone before we get there!!!

Yea!

Wonder how many moved out stuck there bankers with the bills? Or their landlords? Or there employers?

The stat I like is the fact that many who have moved out of Florida usually cannot wait to get back to Florida.

Only those who should have never been to Florida in the first place do not want to come back.

Get the moving vans out and clear out the rif-raf who hate Florida so people who appreciate what Florida has to offer will have some room to move around.

How about us waiting to the real census comes out in 2010 to see the shift off people. Then we can talk real facts.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 AM

478 posts, read 1,325,251 times
^^^ Many of us "can make it" but many of us, (seems like mostly Caucasian Americans based on what I've observed), now choose to move a little northward, to states like GA and NC. Less headache, less aggrevation, etc...

As far as those who "cannot wait to move back to FL"... I have lived in NC too, and I met (literally) thousands of Floridians, and I think maybe less than 5% probably have moved back or mentioned moving back that I remember. It's a VERY small percentage, I know that.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:39 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
^^^ Many of us "can make it" but many of us, (seems like mostly Caucasian Americans based on what I've observed), now choose to move a little northward, to states like GA and NC. Less headache, less aggrevation, etc...

As far as those who "cannot wait to move back to FL"... I have lived in NC too, and I met (literally) thousands of Floridians, and I think maybe less than 5% probably have moved back or mentioned moving back that I remember. It's a VERY small percentage, I know that.
I usually agree you HOWEVER I have to tell you dh works with floridians I have quiet a few aquaintiances that wish they didnt leave the Sunshine State because again it goes back is the grass greener on the other side? and that becomes a personal Q AND A...because most of the people I hear and speak to, when it comes up, thought that they were going to get away from what they were running from, and sure enough realize certain things are better and certain things arent....So I think its unfair to say only 5% because quite a few people who came here with jobs dont have them anymore, or they are going to loose them and the 1st thing they say is "should we go back'? and why did we leave.....I know we left NJ for alot of different reasons, mostly change of life and slower pace, and the less expensive way of living, which in this economy it isnt so true anymore....so Im sorry chrome I do have to disagree with you this time....
People tend to forget, that everyones wants and needs are different, and although we are trying to leave, there arent many things to not like about Charlotte, but it isnt for everyone, and for the people who love florida, see the good in things that make them happy

People just need to go in with an open mind to where ever they are intending to relocate too..We are also in very different times now, and alot of things have changed...

and its funny, my aunt and uncle live in florida have a business and they speak to people all over and I will tell you, there are ALOT of people that would move back to florida if they could, then u have those that will NEVER admit they made a mistake and then those who HAD to transfer for a job or something, that is or was out of there control...

Old 04-23-2009, 10:02 AM

573 posts, read 2,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
I usually agree you HOWEVER I have to tell you dh works with floridians I have quiet a few aquaintiances that wish they didnt leave the Sunshine State because again it goes back is the grass greener on the other side? and that becomes a personal Q AND A...because most of the people I hear and speak to, when it comes up, thought that they were going to get away from what they were running from, and sure enough realize certain things are better and certain things arent....So I think its unfair to say only 5% because quite a few people who came here with jobs dont have them anymore, or they are going to loose them and the 1st thing they say is "should we go back'? and why did we leave.....I
This is what happened with us.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 AM

I lived in Asheville, not Charlotte, so I am speaking of the people I know and met, many of which I became good friends with, but I know Charlotte is much different than Asheville. Charlotte is huge, and maybe some folks that moved to CLT from FL maybe didnt realize how big it was, and the crime, traffic, congestion that comes with it. I also know that the face of CLT is/has been changing, and a lot of people from the NE are moving there, so I know it isnt the same place it once was. I know that is a reason why so many people choose Asheville or Charlotte, because they left FL and they dont want a smaller version of FL, which is what Charlotte is becoming (tons of folks from the NE, traffic, rude people).

I could also see how a person from FL who moved to CLT for a job, and now is unemployed, could be upset and bitter about CLT.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 AM

573 posts, read 2,442,664 times
Actually I think we would have been pretty happy in Charlotte, would have been more of a melting pot, what we were used to living in S FL. JMO. We are almost an hr away, a little too country here. Not much of a Catholic community or an Italian in the phone book.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:20 AM

Then you need to move to CLT! I'm sure you can find Catholic churches and plenty of NY Italians! If that's important to you.

Are you from NY or NJ?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:44 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,379,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
Then you need to move to CLT! I'm sure you can find Catholic churches and plenty of NY Italians! If that's important to you.

Are you from NY or NJ?

HAHAHA...this is funny....and so true...which is probably why alot of NYkers or I should Northerners charlotte feels like home, because there are so many people to relate too who come from where you come from..(generally speaking) ...You should try South Charlotte, or Union County......Melting pot for the Northerners and the Floridians and Ohioians...(sp?)

If that is what you are looking for...

Old 04-23-2009, 11:03 AM

No, I like the more southern feel of a Asheville over the CLT area. I know CLT is like little NY now, as is FL, but even moreso. So CLT would probably be a no-no for me, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida