Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

Advertisements

Nah----wealthy snobs hang out at Bally's Fitness in their 400.00 outfits.

Want to really talk about snobs.

The gated community I used to live in a few years ago had a rule that you could not leave a car more then 5 years old parked in your driveway, you could not leave bikes or toys on your lawn, you got fined for letting your grass get above x", you had to have a working light at the end of your driveway or they would charge you 50.00 to put a light in it.

I do not know if I will ever do that again just because of the controlling factors.

We have been looking around Florida for homes and have stayed away from gated communities only because of the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 05:21 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
There is something wrong with the picture. These women are snobs, boasting of money and their possessions while frequenting the YMCA? Most places that are large enough to support a YMCA are also large enough to have a members-only spa or health club. That is where you find the people who flash their money and talk in dollars. All others are wannabes.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:29 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
There is something wrong with the picture. These women are snobs, boasting of money and their possessions while frequenting the YMCA? Most places that are large enough to support a YMCA are also large enough to have a members-only spa or health club. That is where you find the people who flash their money and talk in dollars. All others are wannabes.
In some cities the YMCA has quite nice facilities. Have you been to the YMCA in Weston? You will find plenty of rich folks there....

Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 AM

478 posts, read 1,325,328 times
The Y where we are (I'm the OP) is very nice. It's ridiclously nice actually, they even have a daycare/babysitter inside. Maybe other YMCA's have that too, I dunno. But it's upscale.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

The gated community I used to live in a few years ago had a rule that you could not leave a car more then 5 years old parked in your driveway, you could not leave bikes or toys on your lawn, you got fined for letting your grass get above x", you had to have a working light at the end of your driveway or they would charge you 50.00 to put a light in it.
Uh so you're in favor of people letting the light on their driveway stay burned out? Long grass and toys all over?

EXACTLY why I'd ONLY live in an HOA. LOL.

I think you're in for a surprise when you get here and see the actual MESSES around. Deferred maintenance, 8 people squeezed into houses built for 2, fake pit bull fights going on in the streets by stupid wanna be kids that shouldn't even be living there to begin with, piles of inside furniture out on porches, a weeks worth of trash piled up waiting for trash day....etc etc.

I flew down to see a duplex and found the next door house with a mattress on the porch. The rent was 1500.00 last summer.

This isn't everywhere of course but no area is without these types of houses and people especially with the absence of any standards for renters they put anybody in a house just to get the rent.

My last rental was a brand new house in an HOA that my landlord paid 350,000 for. He rented to a single woman who turned around and rented two of the bedrooms out to two unrelated males about 30 years old. The HOA is 55+.

All three bedrooms had the carpet destroyed by dogs, oil LEAKED ON THE nice NEW GARAGE FLOOR, the porch screening ripped, all the walls marked up, the patio door loose and the vertical blinds destroyed.....they parked junkers on the driveway and street and blasted bass boxes when driving around all day and night, also had parties outside till 2 am in a QUIET neighborhood.

Until she moved out during the night when he started eviction proceedings. They couldn't even pay the 1200.00 rent among all three of them.

Why even move there to begin with I thought? If you want that...you don't move to a neighborhood that is the total opposite of you, right?

Living here is an eyeopener and keeping your grass cut is a small price to pay in exchange for not living next to annoyance and having your property devalued even more than it's going to be already.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:19 AM

LOL, we live in a gated HOA comunity, and I still see uncut grass, trash cans still lying at the end of the driveway days after garbage was picked up, pitbulls without leashes, excessive speeders, car break-ins, home break-ins, loud music blaring, etc...

Old 04-23-2009, 09:39 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
LOL, we live in a gated HOA comunity, and I still see uncut grass, trash cans still lying at the end of the driveway days after garbage was picked up, pitbulls without leashes, excessive speeders, car break-ins, home break-ins, loud music blaring, etc...

OMG being a dog lover, especially bull breeds, the only part I could tolerate would be the dogs I guess....LOL

Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 AM

569 posts, read 1,669,270 times
I've heard that gated communities actually attract crime more than others. People living in them let thugs and guests in who actually commit the crimes. You have to be careful no matter where you live and lock your doors and watch out for your neighbors and friends.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
Must be a new generation of YMCA.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:22 AM

^^^ this isnt your typical YMCA or YWCA, whatever it's called. It's for men and women, so I dont know if the term YMCA or YWCA means anything anymore. It's pretty sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: