Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,127,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
There is no jobs
There isnt **** to do
It's full of bible thumpers

It's part of that huge void of Northern florida towns that are devoid of any reason to live there unless you are old, Christian and retired
Live Oak and the surrounding area is, IMO, one of the most beautiful areas of our state and if you like exploring the outdoors, there is nowhere better to live. I couldn't live there full time, as I am more liberal with friends of multi-colors and orientations, but the rivers and springs, the woods are incredible.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 05:24 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,278,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Live Oak and the surrounding area is, IMO, one of the most beautiful areas of our state and if you like exploring the outdoors, there is nowhere better to live
Not really.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:56 PM

480 posts, read 647,854 times
We lived in Live Oak for 2 years, 2006-2008, and then moved further south. It's a small town where the people still have manners. Little kids say yes, ma'am, no, sir, and open doors for you. I found most people to be friendly. I couldn't deal with the fact that I had to drive 60 miles to buy a book as the nearest bookstore at that time was in either Valdosta or Gainesville. Lake City didn't even have a bookstore.

There's a Walmart where everybody buys their clothes, so you see the same shirt on a lot of people. There's a Lowes and Tractor Supply along with a couple other feed stores for people that have animals. There was a fairly good barbecue restaurant, Cheryl's for a buffet lunch, and a couple other restaurants. Suwannee Music Park has a fantastic light display at Christmas and you'd be centrally located between Jacksonville and Tallahassee.

Downtown Live Oak flooded when TS Debby came through, just google and you'll get lots of pics. Live Oak is also prone to sinkholes, big ones.

Live Oak has winter which I couldn't deal with. It gets in the teens or colder there. We ended up in Ocala which I love, but if the small town atmosphere is what you're looking for, Live Oak will serve the purpose.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:01 PM

3,027 posts, read 7,886,335 times
I lived in Suwannee County 15 years,not a nice government to deal with,very small minded community.We are in Columbia County and much better off and happier,as said clannish.If you join one of there churches you will be o'k.Good old boy town.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:28 PM

13,368 posts, read 7,672,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Live Oak and the surrounding area is, IMO, one of the most beautiful areas of our state and if you like exploring the outdoors, there is nowhere better to live. I couldn't live there full time, as I am more liberal with friends of multi-colors and orientations, but the rivers and springs, the woods are incredible.
I agree with this. I posted in this thread a couple of years ago apparently, but I'll post again. If you don't care for the big city life (like me), then Live Oak is great town. I've always said that Suwannee is my favorite county in Florida. The down to earth people, beautiful scenery especially the Suwannee River and mossy oaks, and the farms on the south side of the county. You can't go wrong! There is an abundance of outdoor activities, and you're halfway between Jacksonville and Tallahassee. Gainesville is not too far either, but being an FSU alum and die-hard Noles fan, I try to stay away from Hogtown.

Like I said a few years ago, if I had a job opportunity in Live Oak, I would definitely consider moving there, as much as I love it here in Alabama.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,337 times
Live Oak is a damn s**t spot to Florida. The judicial system is a joke! Everyone in the system ie, cops, judges, attorneys, are all related and inbred!!! Do Not Ever Rest your Life in that s**t hole of a town !! They do not follow the Florida Statutes, They follow what they want!! Public Corruption at it's finest!!! If you are a stupid girl who loves having babies with all kinds of guys , then taking them to court and lie to the courts of things that have never happened!! Then girls this place is for you !! And men if you live there that is the type of girl you will find and you will never have a life again if you hook up with these pieces of trash!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN OUT OF THAT TOWN!!!
I have seen how this town is ran and it isn't pretty!! Corrupt,corrupt, corrupt

Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 PM

It's typical North Florida: inbred, religious, not **** to do, nowhere to work, lots of klan

Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,540,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcerned View Post
Live Oak is a damn s**t spot to Florida. The judicial system is a joke! Everyone in the system ie, cops, judges, attorneys, are all related and inbred!!! Do Not Ever Rest your Life in that s**t hole of a town !! They do not follow the Florida Statutes, They follow what they want!! Public Corruption at it's finest!!! If you are a stupid girl who loves having babies with all kinds of guys , then taking them to court and lie to the courts of things that have never happened!! Then girls this place is for you !! And men if you live there that is the type of girl you will find and you will never have a life again if you hook up with these pieces of trash!! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN OUT OF THAT TOWN!!!
I have seen how this town is ran and it isn't pretty!! Corrupt,corrupt, corrupt
So you are saying you had sex with a girl, she had a baby and now you have to pay child support for your spawn? That is what I got from reading between the lines.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM

LoL, who pays child support.

Who gives one night stands their phone number or real name too, shame on you for not knowing how to work. Next time, pay for the abortion if you make the mistake of them "finding who you are"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida