Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:54 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,627,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdann View Post
Oh my gosh - we loved eating at Morrisons with my grandparents in Vero!
When I lived in Vero, we ate lunch there quite often.

When I was growing up in Polk County, there was one in Lakeland, Fl. I thought it was the highth of elegance to my 7-8 9 year old eyes....LOL. And, the very dignified black gentlemen that carried your trays to the tables in the early years....oh my, I felt so special. We had one in Winter Haven for a number of years and yes, it was bought by Picadilly but didnt seem to last long after that.

I miss them. I thought the food was good, some better than others.

Golden Corral is good.

We currently have a buffet here in Winter Haven called Fred's. That is the best food I have ever eaten, bar none ! Though my DH says it is a little expensive.

Last edited by AnnieA; 02-26-2010 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: didnt realize I had already posted on this thread...LOL !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,578,434 times
I remember Morrison's in Pensacola from when I was a kid in the 80's. It was actually attached to University Mall next to JC Penney, and like the others it was eventually changed to Piccadilly. It's closed now and in fact, the whole mall is nearly closed.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:42 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,800,017 times
There was one right across from the Altamonte Mall in the north metro Orlando area up until a few years ago. I lived in an apartment in that area and sometimes stopped there after work to pick up a dinner to go.

I loved the buffet feel but with the higher quality, southern food. Salads at the front of the line and desert all the way at the end. Then of course rolls and breads and the soda machine. I was sad to see Morrison's go out of business. (but I noticed that most similar cafeterias also closed, all over the place) Morrison's did attract a large number of senior citizens.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 PM

5 posts, read 9,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
There was no buffet there, it was called Morrison's Cafeteria. A better cafeteria was the Biscayne Cafeteria, especially the one downtown. That place was beautiful! I was sickened to see that in the late 80's it was gone. For a REAL buffet you could have tried these:

Dahla Horse (8th street, sylvania Blvd)
Sweden House ( one on Biscayne, another at South Dixie and 150 St)
Duff's ( Hialeah ) the rotary buffet, we use to go there after Palm Springs Lanes
Sizzler ( it was good at one time)
The Flying Fish ( Naranja)
Various cat and dog houses ( Chinese restaurants ) As kids we always made fun of the Pu PU platter!

Also at the various social clubs there were buffet nights. Many of those are gone as well. Piccadilly did take over Morrison's but although the food is good, it is too expensive for a big guy like me.
I remember Sweden House on South Dixie and 150 St, because my high school used to have its year-end athletic awards banquet there. Yummmmmm!!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2010, 01:56 PM

529 posts, read 1,008,396 times
Oh man, you guys are bringing up memories from my childhood.

We used to go the Morrisons at the mall in Sarasota back in the late 70's and early 80's. I used to get the most expensive meal in my family which I think was like 5 bucks. I think we stopped going in the mid eighties and then a few years later it was gone.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:10 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
I remember going as a child with my Grandparents to Morrissons, they loved that place. I was sad to see it go.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,160 times
hi..does someone remember there was this great subway outlet run by an asian neat this morrison buffet at florida..did anybody go there...i went there way back in 2008 and still remember the good mannerisms and hospitality of tht guy...he was FRED

Old 02-07-2012, 05:48 AM

27,182 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyajay View Post
hi..does someone remember there was this great subway outlet run by an asian neat this morrison buffet at florida..did anybody go there...i went there way back in 2008 and still remember the good mannerisms and hospitality of tht guy...he was FRED
Can anyone translate?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM

198 posts, read 464,134 times
I would say Fred operated a great subway near the Morrison buffet at the Florida mall back in 2008. He was a well mannered and hospitable guy. lol

Old 02-07-2012, 05:09 PM

84 posts, read 229,340 times
i loved morrison's. there was one in the mall in panama city. it was great because you could get exactly what you want, even if that was cole slaw and jello. or fried chicken and a brownie. the food was really good, too. golden corral is crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida