Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:30 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times

Advertisements

No problem, Shedav. From here, we have to go thru WV. Jammie...spouses and cats are always welcome. We have 4 kitties that will be making the move with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 05:16 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Ok are we packed yet?

Hik~I'll try to get the info that I think they were talking about and I'll PM you about it. I know that bro and his wife always get year-round tickets and it's not that much more then when we pay for just our two days some place. I'll talk to them tomorrow so I know for sure what I'm talking about. I did find that the Silver Springs Theme Park will cost me $37 to go there for one day. When I'm a resident, it will cost me $55 for the entire year. It'll be cheaper yet for my husband for the season ticket since he's over 55. I think they all give breaks to the residents, but I'll find out for sure.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
No problem, Shedav. From here, we have to go thru WV. Jammie...spouses and cats are always welcome. We have 4 kitties that will be making the move with us.
NMS... You forgot something!!

Me and my family, since your doing the driving I will pay for the gas and all the food on the way!!

I am in Central Ohio, you have to go down Rt. 70 anyway might as well stop and pick us up too.....

Old 04-07-2007, 05:28 PM

My 8 year old wants to join in too...

I ask her other then WDW, Sea World, the Ocean, Flowers etc what do you remember or like about Florida!

She said:

1. Learning how to body surf the waves in the ocean like my Daddy does!

2. She said you know your in Florida when you stop at the Welcome Center and get your first cup of OJ !

3. Playing on the only known playground ON THE BEACH in Destin Beach area, we all loved it ! Yes, I went down the slide and climbed in the tubes too!!

4. She said " Dad, where else can your drive MOMMYS new van on the beach and not get yelled at !!!" ( Daytona Beach )

5. Pulling over and looking at the orange groves!

My kids love Florida as much as we do!

Old 04-07-2007, 05:44 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,099,312 times
Here are clips from the web sites for FL residents and theme parks.

Unlimited access to Busch Gardens from January 1 through December 31, 2007. Options are available that include Adventure Island and/or SeaWorld and/or Busch Gardens.
$61.95 adult $51.95 child for 1 park all year

$144 for 2 parks all year

$189 for 3 parks all year

Universal Studios offers:
You can enjoy one (1) year of park-to-park admission to both Universal Studios Florida & Islands of Adventure with limited blackout dates for the regular price of $119.95 plus tax, or for less than $11 a month using the Flexible Payment Option.

Walt Disney offers:
Enjoy all four Theme Parks 365 days a year. You can even go from Theme Park to Theme Park on the same day. It's a great value for enjoying our World.

Proof of Florida Residency for each adult is required for purchase and use (for details see More Info). $399 ages 10 and over.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:46 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
My 8 year old wants to join in too...

I ask her other then WDW, Sea World, the Ocean, Flowers etc what do you remember or like about Florida!

She said:

1. Learning how to body surf the waves in the ocean like my Daddy does!

2. She said you know your in Florida when you stop at the Welcome Center and get your first cup of OJ !

3. Playing on the only known playground ON THE BEACH in Destin Beach area, we all loved it ! Yes, I went down the slide and climbed in the tubes too!!

4. She said " Dad, where else can your drive MOMMYS new van on the beach and not get yelled at !!!" ( Daytona Beach )

5. Pulling over and looking at the orange groves!

My kids love Florida as much as we do!

O.k. everyone, our bags are packed as well. Be sure and make a detour over here to Illinois!

I wanted to add, FloridaBound, that your 8 year old is right! My favorite thing she said was that you know youare in Florida when you get to the welcome center and get a cup of OJ!

Old 04-07-2007, 07:16 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,211,667 times
Thanks Danielle for your detailed info!

Old 04-07-2007, 07:26 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
I thought of some more things I like about Florida:

All the little anole lizards running around. They are so cool and cute!
I live on a small lake and there are SO many really cool birds that are out there each day (like cranes and such).
I also love Tijuana Flats!

Oh...and my new favorite store since moving here is Bealls. I absolutely LOVE that store, it's filled with palm tree things for the house, tropical style clothing, etc. I love that store!

Old 04-07-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Fair enough.....

Okay, positives..... Well, my favorite:

That early morning feeling when the sun hasn't quite come up, the birds are chirping, there's dew on the grass and on the trees and there's a slight foggy haze that hovers above the ground a few feet up.... There's a feel and even a smell to those times that's indescribable and I probably am not doing it justice now. It's humid, but the sun hasn't turned up the heat on the day yet. That is when Florida is at it's best..... I'll miss that....
This is just a perfect positive !

Indescribable is the word I like, you can never know the feeling you get until you are there in that place, at that time and can soak those things you mentioned in.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:14 PM

121 posts, read 504,160 times
Paradise will be paradise lost soon enough. And what it is today is a far cry from a few years ago. Enjoy it while you can. After you all get here for a few years you will see first hand as it continues to disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida