Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 04:43 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,243 times

Advertisements

I agree, this isn't something to get worked up about. I'm much more annoyed by these rewards programs. I remember back in the day when you could just pay for something in a store and leave, now everyplace you go they want you to sign up for their rewards program and get use a card. I don't want to join a card program at Best Buy which I rarely go to. And I don't want a store credit card at Sears or Penney either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Doctor got it, People don't give a sh**, my husband is one of these people that park in front of the store, even though there is a front parking spot, he prefers to park in front of Publix for instance. This way no one can bang his car. I told him plenty of times to park in a spot, but he doesn't care what other people think. But once he got a ticket at Publix for it , but do you think he learned, no way, he still does it every other place, no longer at the particular Publix.

So to the OP, really life is to short to get so upset over this, let it go! These people don't give to sh**s what you think. And you really shouldn't spend time upset over something so stupid. Sorry to be so blunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 07:48 PM

158 posts, read 158,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Of course it is, just like rude Hispanics, unemployment and burglars.
If you read the other posters' comments, it's pretty obvious how bad and frustrating it is to deal with it. Is it in FL only? Of course not. But is it worse here than many other places? Absolutely. But lets just sweep that under the rug too, b/c it does happen other places. Doesnt matter how rampid it is here, it's that it happens other places too, so it makes sense.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:09 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,681,822 times
While I didn't get all worked up I did get disgusted yesterday at the supermarket. Not only were there 3 vehicles out front in the fire lane but there were numerous great parking spaces available as per usual at this Sweetbay.

One of the vehicles had an extremely obese woman in the drivers seat chowing down on something but the kicker was the young passenger who couldn't have been more than 12 years old. That poor kid didn't jump out or even slide out of the passsenger seat. She rolled out and proceeded to toddle from side to side on legs that had more dimples than all of the child stars in Hollywood over the years combined. Throw in 5 chins and a body the Michelin Tire man would have been envious of and it was a horror show. This poor girl could not freaking walk properly she was so damn big!! Why in the hell does a parent let this happen? And before I get thrown the obligatory thryroid or genetics excuse know that as a nosy person I followed this poor child, who is now in a scooter cart down the aisles as I did my shopping and I am sure at this point you can guess what filled up her scooter basket.

It's just sick that people can be so lazy that they have to park in the fire lane to let their hardly able to walk obese child do your grocery shopping for you via a vehicle designed to assist elderly and disabled people while you chow down on something that I would bet my last dollar didn't have a single healthy ingredient on it. It took everything I had not to go up to her car and beat her on fat head for not only her laziness but teaching that poor child some really disgusting habits. I wish I could have saved that poor kid from a lifetime of hell but what could I do? Sure wish I had that bullhorn/megaphone I was talking about upthread.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
I agree, this isn't something to get worked up about. I'm much more annoyed by these rewards programs. I remember back in the day when you could just pay for something in a store and leave, now everyplace you go they want you to sign up for their rewards program and get use a card. I don't want to join a card program at Best Buy which I rarely go to. And I don't want a store credit card at Sears or Penney either.
The rewards programs and credit card offers are very annoying!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:27 AM

If I go to Sears (which isn't often) I get out of it by saying that I already have a Sears credit card but I'm not using it for this purchase. That stops them from hounding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
The rewards programs and credit card offers are very annoying!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 AM

When I see these obese kids I wonder what kind of future they can have. How can you change those habits when you've been overreating since you were 4 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
While I didn't get all worked up I did get disgusted yesterday at the supermarket. Not only were there 3 vehicles out front in the fire lane but there were numerous great parking spaces available as per usual at this Sweetbay.

One of the vehicles had an extremely obese woman in the drivers seat chowing down on something but the kicker was the young passenger who couldn't have been more than 12 years old. That poor kid didn't jump out or even slide out of the passsenger seat. She rolled out and proceeded to toddle from side to side on legs that had more dimples than all of the child stars in Hollywood over the years combined. Throw in 5 chins and a body the Michelin Tire man would have been envious of and it was a horror show. This poor girl could not freaking walk properly she was so damn big!! Why in the hell does a parent let this happen? And before I get thrown the obligatory thryroid or genetics excuse know that as a nosy person I followed this poor child, who is now in a scooter cart down the aisles as I did my shopping and I am sure at this point you can guess what filled up her scooter basket.

It's just sick that people can be so lazy that they have to park in the fire lane to let their hardly able to walk obese child do your grocery shopping for you via a vehicle designed to assist elderly and disabled people while you chow down on something that I would bet my last dollar didn't have a single healthy ingredient on it. It took everything I had not to go up to her car and beat her on fat head for not only her laziness but teaching that poor child some really disgusting habits. I wish I could have saved that poor kid from a lifetime of hell but what could I do? Sure wish I had that bullhorn/megaphone I was talking about upthread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: