Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 AM

681 posts, read 877,811 times

Advertisements

The production company of this reality show is located in Naplesof and is trying to find a broadcaster for this "entertaining" and "informative" show.
A short trail of it shows how the star of the show proudly on the camera talks about his code of honor with his fellow bidders from Cape Coral not to overbid each other and get want they like.

And so goes the last chance of affordable housing to fall into hands of the poor before it is "filliped" again by foreclosure "gurus".

The poor is the ultimate victim of easy credit for liars. By losing their jobs in construction and in the service sectors their world has fallen much apart from rest of us. New fiscal policies try to reflate to avoid deflation and so the poor who do not know how to find support through social net build shacks behind closed stripped malls...their home.

The camera of this want-to-be reality shows is so focused on its star that one can hardly see anything else in the background. The star of the show is constantly bragging about being aggressive in his daily bidding war at the court house. Only very shortly one could see how some young and not rich looking guys were just waiting shyly in the background as the guru was getting whatever house he wanted. Watching this was not "entertaining" and not "informative" to add something to me. It only reinforce the feeling that the poor has no power and is easily humiliated by a fast aggressive talker.

In internet some reporters wrote about an interview with the clerk of the court in Fort Myers and she said they know about his method of unfair bidding but they cannot prove it.

Then we have fillipers buying from such "gurus" trying to sell them through City-data forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM

64 posts, read 78,951 times
Getting tired of "flippers" giving advice how to rip off other people.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 PM

On May 7th, The News-Press, reported that after a "sting" operation, 2 Cape Coral women were arrested for prostitution. Their picture, name, address and even their fee was published!
But the ones who cover up the issue of mold and Chinese dry wall in Cape Coral homes are cheered up by speculative sellers of homes, even in this forum.

With complete absence of humanity, selling their soul for money, they deceive mothers with children and the eldry to buy infected homes. Humans can die because of their greed. Who is the prostitute?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:26 AM

64 posts, read 78,951 times
Now, whenever I see T.V. shows about flipping houses, etc. I think of all uncovered faces of workers cutting boards after boards of dry walls, or take down molded bathrooms, rugs, etc. without any protection.

Then at the end of the such shows there is a list of how much is the cost of painting, decoration, etc. but the damage to the health of workers working with dangerous stuff is not counted at all. For sure workers are not paid enough to have insurance...tired of seeing how abuse is glorified on T.V.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 PM

57 posts, read 75,152 times
For 8 long years the purpose of our lives has been "money, justifying aggression".

What happened to flower and freedom loving America of 60's? Did the money make us happier...definitely NOT!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 AM

Very brave to write like this in Florida forum!!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:40 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,241,493 times
Everyone has the right to make a living and a profit.

Wal Mart makes 500% profit on most items and no one says a word.

If you are smart enough to by a house and have the credit and capital to do so then it is a great thing that people can go into a town and buy all those homes someone LOST and turn around and sell them for a profit.

The owner LOST their homes and or gave them up, therefore no one took advantage of anyone at all.

Smart people make money during a down economy, stupid debt burden people who cannot handle their finances lose things during a down economy.

Many people who lost their homes were not because of jobs, it was because they borrowed the fake equity to the hilt in their homes, used the equity to buy toys and things they did not need and now blame everyone else for them losing their homes. On the other hand some people could still afford the home but wanted to move elsewhere and just packed up and dumped the home on the banks and us.

HOME INSPECTION - that is where you hire someone to look for these things. If you buy a home with problems and did not hire someone to inspect it from top to bottom that is your fault. They have devices to check for mold and etc.

Like any business there will be a select few who do things wrong, but that does NOT mean all are like that at all so do not clump them together.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Sunny-days90,

Thank you for your post. You are right, it is not good to generalize. In every business we have bad apples.

About foreclosures, I do not think, it is correct that a small group of bidders fix up bidding among themselves right at the court house. Even the court clerk said it is not "legal".

Why we have a housing crash, I think, because of lack of regulations and abuse of freedom in financial markets. What I do not like is the deception in the housing market. How can one advice to buy houses in Cape Coral, while prices are still falling to at least another 15%? At the time this estimate was done, nobody knew about the existence of Chinese dry walls and their effect on the housing market. Also a second wave of foreclosures is going to hit the market. I, personally, could not tell people to buy in such a market but again I am not a realtor whose business is selling and leaving the decision to the buyer who seeks advice and information in this forum.

About Wal Mart, I hear that some students, refreshingly still idealistic, are reacting more sensitively toward Wal Mart labor and purchasing practices and try not to buy there. Walmart practices also put pressure on wages of other service sectors.
Of course, I do not like seeing the picture of Walmart family in Forbe's top richest people.

Do you know the book, "Out of this furnace"? Mellon family brutally abused European migrant workers and yet the family was praised to have built museums, banks, etc. and even a university is named after this family.

Germany is not a banana producing country. It has no home grown coffee. But it has become the major exporter of Banana and roasted coffee. The buyers put such pressure on farmers that actually buyers (!) are setting the prices. French are trying to reverse this unfair practice of trade and pay fair price for banana and coffee. Therefore, the price of banana in France is at least 3 times higher. France does not push other countries to poverty to make its own consumers happy. We have to live with our conscious.

In Cape Coral, how inhuman it is to hide the issue of Chinese dry wall from buyers! Here I blame greed of fellow humans.

Sunny-Days90, home inspection is a must. I wish we had a soul inspection too.

Thank you for your time writing your post.

Last edited by yoko; 06-14-2009 at 01:20 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,112,796 times
Speculators hoping to do well found their dream homes in South Florida during the past frew years. These speculators have put a toll on our economy when things got bad. Then again homes had to be dumped quickly therefore putting lots of pressure for the family who strives to remain ethical. I am not saying speculators are not ethical. The problems arise when speculators combined with the Mae twins are confronted with a major problem then the speculator is first to fall just because of their smaller size. Then the Mae twins fall as it did and still doing. The problems continued into a wave of bad tidings in the RE market.....

What does a good ethical family need to do in order to refi- their home that originally cost them 365k to build and they have put 50% cash down when they purchased it. I say stay with it because th is home of mine was just appraised at $223k, we make $92k/year no debt and we are still gettting a run around. Oh! Our credit score is 786 and 804..... We should be able to get anything but there are some banks that think otherwise so we aer still hanging on and it has been over 60 days now.

I am so happy the Chinese dry wall hasn't hit our home builders eye. He was an ethical builder and I cannot be positive but I believe the dry wall was presented to him and he refused.....

Home inspections are a must regardless of where a family wants to go. There was a family who had to leave their beautiful 5bdrm, 4bth, 3cg, due to the chinese dry wall....Kids getting sick A/C , electrical wires turning colors and the smell of sulfur. Today the Miami Herald reported that some Parkland county residents complained and the Florida Dept of Health sent some testers for the air quality. Sending samples of their air quality tests to get tested costs between $40k-$50k....WHAT! ! ! !

So some residents just walk away from their home and their nose bleeds, coughing, their children feeling sick all the time including headaches seemed to stop when aer away from the contamination.
How do we sue China drywall companies when most everything in the USA is either made in China, Vietnam (good grief) or Mexico.....? ? ?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 AM

Synergy,
Exactly!
With my poor English, I have been trying to write how speculators have been hurting innocent and honest people. Thank you very much for your post.

How relieved you must be knowing that your house does not have Chinese dry walls.
I read somewhere that a person wanted to renovated his house and the difference between using good walls and Chinese dry walls was only
$1000 !

Construction companies knew what they are using is hazardous to people's health but they saved money by using them and charged huge sums of money for these houses. So much so that we are still in a "correction" period with up to additional 30% decrease.

Port officials also knew that containers with these walls were causing too much fumes and yet did not do anything about it.
Stores which sold them must have know these walls are causing too much pollution in the store and yet they sold it.

Outside and inside America there are many hazardous material. The one who uses them to save money and put people's health at risk are shameless.

Cape Coral has too much vacant land with owners all over the world. This vacant land is sitting there purely on speculative basis. And yet the city council finds it "unfair" that landowners pay taxes at the previous level.
How could the city cut his own source of revenue to attract "possible" only "possible" buyers of land? What about people who actually are living here, shouldn't the city also care about local residents? This is another example how speculators are hurting people financially.

Thank you very much for your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida