Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:38 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I agree with that, To be scared to die you have to have a soul and anyone that can take a life with no cares or worries has no soul

Everyone has a soul. Some individuals do not develop a conscience. This is a result of bad parenting or horiffic expereinces during childhood that destroyed faith in family, community, and awareness of others as individuals. People become extensions of a socioopaths own existance. These sociopaths do have souls - all humans do. God loves them. He does not love their sin - which no matter how hard their childhood - they chose to engage in. Jesus Christ is our Rock and Salvation. Some serial killers are now with the Lord in heaven. The gospel is this : God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever shall believe in Him shall not die, but have eternal life. Confess your sins and you shall be redeemed by the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 08:33 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,301,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Some serial killers are now with the Lord in heaven.
That's interesting. Serial killers go to heaven, but homosexuals go to hell. Hmm.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 AM

613 posts, read 759,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
quote: The death penalty isn't a deterrent at all and in fact, I consider it an easier way out than life in jail for the most heinous of criminals. Let me put it this way, I would rather be executed than face the rest of my life behind bars, where I'd actually have to LIVE with the consequences of my actions. I'm pretty sure that not one mass murderer, rapist or other scumbag gives a damn about whether they live or die, at the end of the day.

response: the death penalty certainly is a deterrent if the offender is dead!
the death penalty is used to protect citizens from these heinous criminals and for that purpose it is extremely effective. think of all the lives that would have been saved if ted bundy had been caught and executed after his first victim. if criminals ever learn that there are bad consequences to bad actions it will be the first step to fixing our problems.
Nah, brah, the first step is to prevent people from wanting to murder other people in the first place. Think about it if Ted Bundy never killed anybody to begin with.

Criminals do not care about the consequences, brah your consequences are laughable to a majority of criminals. Ya dig that, brah?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:27 AM

613 posts, read 759,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
That's interesting. Serial killers go to heaven, but homosexuals go to hell. Hmm.
Yeah, Christianity is one seriously messed up religion.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:28 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Casey Anthony was found not guilty.
And that person made this statement almost 3 years ago while she was in custody.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Yeah, Christianity is one seriously messed up religion.
No it isn't.

It operates under the fact that everyone is a sinner. You are hung up on specific manifestations of sin, but the fact is that there is no "hierarchy". Sin is sin - be it murder, theft, adultery, homosexuality, ect...

Every single person is a sinner and is in need of a savior. Whether one accepts the only savior, Jesus Christ, who is God and died for our sins, determines where one spends eternity.

One may accept Him or reject Him - we have free will and the decision is entirely ours.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
And that person made this statement almost 3 years ago while she was in custody.
I was only providing an update for the purposes of this thread.

Last edited by Harrier; 03-11-2013 at 10:39 PM..

Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
Definitely. Most of these degenerates have been in and out of prison their whole lives so they could care less anyway. Not many of them would want to fry or face a firing squad though. They should at least streamline the death penalty process to save costs instead of having years of appeals when all the evidence proves who committed the crime. How much has it cost CA to house Charles Manson for the last 40 plus years or so? Let's see that's $30K x 40 = $1.2 million. Watching him fry or be shot = priceless.
Charles Manson never killed anyone.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
I recently read that Florida would save 51 million dollars a year if it abolished the death penalty and went with life without parole. Do you think that will ever happen? Would you support or not support the idea?
As for me, I am a capital punishment supporter for the worst of the worst, and I have studied the issue as part of a criminal justice college program.
After seeing governors pardoning murderers, I will always be a capital punishment supporter. Jails cost money, so should we just get rid of them? Of course not! $51 million for retribution is worth it.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,320,956 times
1) Execution has no place in civilized society.
2) There are innocent people on Death Row right now. Imagine if that was you.
3) Life in prison is far worse than the easy way out- death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: