Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 PM

9 posts, read 22,689 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone, I am new to this board. This is my first posting, however, I have been reading for the last several months. Being one of the few native Floridians, I thought I should put my two cents in here. I have lived in Central Florida my entire life, 32 years to be exact. Me and my husband both were born and raised here and started our family here as well. We are leaving Florida in two months (just put a contract on a house in Middle TN).

The Beauty of FLorida:
1. Aw the beaches. (although they are changing due to weather changes, I never saw so many jellyfish, and I go to the beach every week since I was a child).
2. I absolutely love to see the shuttle launches. I remember during school, they would actually take us all outside to watch the shuttle come and go.
3. The year round weather is very nice, although it has gotten hotter it seems.
4. Seminole County has the best schools that Florida has to offer, take that however you must, but statistics show it.

The Changes of Florida:
1. The housing market has ruined Florida for many long time residents
2. The hurricanes have raised insurance costs, which is making it more difficult to live here.
3. The wages in Florida have not increased at all to make up for the other increasing rates (ins., fuel, food, taxes, and housing)
4. The crime has increased quite a bit, but this is to be expected when popluation increases.
5. Floridians are not rude, this statement on here, truly bothers me. I ask you how many people do you know are native Floridians? The people who move here and bring all their old ways with them are the ones that are rude.
6. Yes, English is quickly becoming a second language here.

For those of you who are considering moving here. Email me, I will be very honest with you about my thoughts on Florida. I love Florida and I do hate to leave it, but due to the increasing changes, I am being forced out. I cannot afford to live here anymore and keep my horses and the country way of life.

Sorry to be so long winded, I guess I waited to long to post. I am not here to offend anyone, just putting my 2 cents in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 03:08 PM

121 posts, read 502,428 times
Default Good Job

Take warm clothes. We are natives as well but our blood is too thin for that far north. But rural north Florida is looking vwery good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliebw View Post
Hello Everyone, I am new to this board. This is my first posting, however, I have been reading for the last several months. Being one of the few native Floridians, I thought I should put my two cents in here. I have lived in Central Florida my entire life, 32 years to be exact. Me and my husband both were born and raised here and started our family here as well. We are leaving Florida in two months (just put a contract on a house in Middle TN).

The Beauty of FLorida:
1. Aw the beaches. (although they are changing due to weather changes, I never saw so many jellyfish, and I go to the beach every week since I was a child).
2. I absolutely love to see the shuttle launches. I remember during school, they would actually take us all outside to watch the shuttle come and go.
3. The year round weather is very nice, although it has gotten hotter it seems.
4. Seminole County has the best schools that Florida has to offer, take that however you must, but statistics show it.

The Changes of Florida:
2. The hurricanes have raised insurance costs, which is making it more difficult to live here.
3. The wages in Florida have not increased at all to make up for the other increasing rates (ins., fuel, food, taxes, and housing)
4. The crime has increased quite a bit, but this is to be expected when popluation increases.
5. Floridians are not rude, this statement on here, truly bothers me. I ask you how many people do you know are native Floridians? The people who move here and bring all their old ways with them are the ones that are rude.

For those of you who are considering moving here. Email me, I will be very honest with you about my thoughts on Florida. I love Florida and I do hate to leave it, but due to the increasing changes, I am being forced out. I cannot afford to live here anymore and keep my horses and the country way of life.

Sorry to be so long winded, I guess I waited to long to post. I am not here to offend anyone, just putting my 2 cents in.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:50 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,089,599 times
Juliebw,

Your situation is one that many are experiencing today, best of luck in your move. I will like to use your The Changes of Florida: and see what everyone got to say about it.

The Changes of Florida:
What is the root case Hurricanes or developers? Hurricanes

A risk that we must take to live here.

The insurance increase was based in mother nature hits to the state, fuel is a national crisis not Florida exclusive, taxes are based on the value of your home, cost of housing increased 200% in some areas due to the lack of housing the gluttony of many individuals to make a dollar on someone misfortune.

4. The crime has increased quite a bit, but this is to be expected when population increases.
You provided the answer

You got this one right on the bulls eye

Yes is true, but is the same in California with the families from the far-east or visit NY or NJ many cultures in the same area.

Anyone agree or disagree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida