Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:00 PM

46 posts, read 193,294 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Plan on moving in a year to Central Florida...I currently live in Broward which is South Florida in Ft Lauderdale. I am looking for an area that is kind of like Broward without all the people and traffic. I mean a nice area where all the cities are nice. A little populated would be great but not like here. Thanks so much for any advice anyone can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2006, 08:06 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,558,244 times
Hi, you just need to check around. The West Coast is getting crowded also.
It all depends on what you are looking for

Old 07-06-2006, 05:49 PM

108 posts, read 690,984 times
We live in West Orange County in the city of Ocoee. Very convent location to the turnpike, 429 & 408 East West Expressway. The only problem is over 8 families a day move to Ocoee. It’s getting very congested in all metro Orlando towns so you’ll be hard press to find a small town around here without growing pains.

This might be you’re best bet. Everyone who has driven on the turnpike between Orlando and South Florida knows of Yeehaw Junction. It is in southern Osceola County. Right now it’s in the middle of nowhere. It may be hard to believe but that is the target growth area. They are planning a master planned 24000 acres development called Destiny. Hopefully it will be a true live, work and play community.

We found and lovely small town and are planning to move in August. The only thing is it’s in South Georgia. As much as I love central Florida I just can’t take the madness and traffic anymore. Good luck in your search.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:39 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,627,951 times
West coast. Try Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda. Great deal for the money especially in comparison to Broward.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:07 PM

6 posts, read 8,365 times
Smile Listen to me!!

You need to move out of Broward County NOW!!! do you realize that the ft. lauderdale area, and the entire county is:"Pure Garbage"!! A cesspool....
You have nothing to lose, by moving out of that dumpster, no metter where you go will be better for sure!! Try the Ocala area, or Citrus county!
Good luck

Old 07-14-2006, 11:38 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,488,454 times
That's easy. Almost everyone who moves out of Dade/Broward moves up into Port St. Lucie. The Powers-That-Be are trying very hard, and mostly succeeding, to avoid the problems that came with growth in Broward. Population is up to 151,000, chances are that your former neighbors from Fort Lauderdale are already here and will be your neighbors again. You should be able to buy more house for the same money, or the same house for less money. Traffic is not perfect, but much better than down South.

We don't yet have as many jobs or as much nightlife. It's a quieter life style.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:52 AM

68 posts, read 246,420 times
Default Smart Move!

As someone who lived in Ft. Lauderdale for about 7 years, I can tell you that it is a good thing to get out of there! I hated every minute of living there - the people, the weather, the traffic - the frighteningly bad drivers. I was rear-ended 6 times in the 7 years I lived there!!! I live in Southern California now, and although I am not wild about it here either (even more traffic here) I would NEVER go back to Ft. Lauderdale. That place is a hole. Get out while you are still sane - anywhere else. Best of luck to you!

Old 07-16-2006, 10:07 PM

56 posts, read 323,639 times
Lightbulb Broward County

Broward was such a great place to grow up - but that was 25 years ago and Coral Springs was truly awesome. Now looking for what it sounds like you want ~ What it used to be! I can't say anything bad about Broward County because I know so many people there (friends) and it was my home for so long.

Try the Seminole County region. I've found it to be much like what Broward County used to be years ago. Talked to a few people around Oviedo and they are the sooooo nice. The high schools rate in the top 5% according to Newsweek Magazine's yearly ratings.
Best of luck in your next move.
Laura

Old 07-17-2006, 06:50 AM

33 posts, read 33,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green
You need to move out of Broward County NOW!!! do you realize that the ft. lauderdale area, and the entire county is:"Pure Garbage"!! A cesspool....

You have nothing to lose, by moving out of that dumpster, no metter where you go will be better for sure!! Try the Ocala area, or Citrus county!
Good luck
MacGuy is that you? Gotten beat up by the Galt Ocean Mile thug posse lately? Run!Run!Run!

You'll lose any decent shot at making more than $15/hr. Ocala and Citrus are for horses and Walmart associates. If you don't care about pay then move to the Treasure Coast or Naples area--it's God's country. It's not impossible to make a good living in these areas, just more difficult than in Broward. Job opportunities in the smaller counties will increase in the next decade as the populations and businesses expand, but then 10 years from now you'll be looking to leave there as it'll remind you too much of Broward. The Paradox.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM

8 posts, read 70,254 times
Central Florida is a much better location. A friend of mine lived in Broward County for under a year and moved because they didn't like it. Citrus County borders Lake County to the west. Ocala is north of Lake County. Both of those areas are nice. Citrus is a little more removed. The area where I live is growing. The baby boomers are coming. Sorrento is just north of Orlando, south of Ocala and east of Citrus County. I have enjoyed living here and my daughter loves it too. However, my husband doesn't like it as much. He misses the hustle and bustle of Orlando. Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida