Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:55 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,641,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
I tell ya... The stories I hear about Florida makes me wonder if I was just in a dream daze when I lived there or if the people, climate, surroundings have actually changed since I left...

Florida has two seasons. Hot, Not so hot.

Most people would say Summer/Winter but no...

I guess you could call Spring "Rain Season" but it still gets hot and humid as hell...

In order to be fall or winter, it has to get cold and the trees and grass has to die.
i cant tell if your agreeing with me or disagreeing. Either way I think Central/north FL has great weather compared to the rest of the US. with the exception of Cali. they have the best weather in the country in my opinion.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,777,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_91 View Post
It seems like most Floridians hate the cold, snow and winter. Anything below 50 or 60 is too cold for them! Are you guys crazy?
I would take a 70 degree weather than 90s with extremely humidity!

You guys are on A/C most of the year, and you sweat as soon as you go out during the summer... + thunderstorms and rain every day during the summer! + Hurricanes, flooding, lightnings, tornadoes etc.

GOD BLESS 4 SEASONS !!

New York City has 10000% better weather than Florida !
And yes, we have 234 sunshine days/year and winter for 2-3 months! And NO, we don't have huge snowstorms!
Speaking as a Florida born, who spent a good number of years in the snow belt...

BECAUSE SNOW SUCKS. Life is too short. How much of it do you want to spend in Winter vrs. Summer???

Snow is great to go play in, say at Aspen or whatever. But living in it adds a layer of BS to everyday working life that I can do without and never miss.

The gravel and salt they toss on the roads destroys an expensive investment (your vehicles).

The cold weather itself often leads to more fat retention.

Women don't wear bikinis in snow.

And on and on.

Life flourishes in spring and summer.

It goes dormant and dies in Fall and Winter.

So you get 80 short summers, maybe in a snowbelt location.

In a sunbelt location you can go between spring and summer continuously.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,777,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
I agree, your body adjusts over time. Once you've experienced this, you can never go back to snow and ice.
No, you can adjust back. But the adjustment back takes a long time too. I did it at one point. 4 years in Colorado after 25 in Florida.

But it is somewhat or even mainly a psychological adjustment. (Aside from the likelyhood that you will get fatter in my experience.)

That said, the Army survival manual claims that in much testing, they never did find a way to forcibly adjust someone's metabolism to cold for the sake of survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida