Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:04 PM

552 posts, read 592,129 times

Advertisements

I like FL, and I am probably considered one of the complainers. I'm a native, and since I have seen the drastic changes in FL over time, and a lot of the people that have moved here recently (many of which are rude and drive aggressively) is my big complaint. That's my problem - the people. I think when natives have seen the changes like I have, and seen many of their neighbors move away and being replaced, and replaced again due to the transient nature, it just gets old.

To be honest, I feel like I am in another country sometimes. I think I could live where I live today, and probably not know English, and as a FL cracker, I dont like that at all!

I can stand the heat & humidity, even though I dont like it for 6-7 months! I also dont like the widespread crime, in bad neighborhoods, in good neighborhoods. It seems like crime can occur almost anywhere now.

Sex offenders is another big problem. We have a lot of weirdo's and transients here, many of which are criminals/sex offenders and they seem to be drawn to FL for whatever reason.

So between the nasty/rude people you can encounter on a daily basis, the terrible aggressive drivers, the crime, the transients, the weirdo's... it can be tough to live here, I'll be honest.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:16 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,016 times
I liked Florida just fine for many years, then I found the panhandle beaches along 30A in Walton Co.

Now I love it!!

Escape...to 30A!

Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
I don't go to that forum. What are they complaining about NC? I thought that was the place everyone loves now.
Yes it is....and I have to say the NC boards really arent negative, you have those people who like to start trouble and then disappear then u have those that have their opinion but if u really read them you will NOT find bashers like u do on this board and Vero u made such a good point, compared to so many of the other boards and although we are 1st moving to florida, as I cant comment yet, it definately gets depressing after reading these boards..There is no perfect place and yes people should know there that there are bad things however, it just seems to go on and on and on and its always the same thing...there are State Bashers in everyone one so I guess it does hold true there is good bad and ugly all over and its what u make out of it...what is good for 1 person isnt always good someone else....

Old 06-06-2009, 07:47 AM

552 posts, read 592,129 times
Berryjuice, I wish you luck in S FL.

You may love it in S FL, you never know. People from places like Brooklyn, the Carribean, NJ.... a lot of those folks love S FL. All I can say is, it will differ person to person, and I advise you and your family to RENT FIRST.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:40 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,399,243 times
The title of the thread is "why are so many Floridians unhappy?". Do we know that for a fact that it's true, or is it people who choose to post on this forum who are unhappy?

Old 06-06-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientifical Madness View Post
Berryjuice, I wish you luck in S FL.

You may love it in S FL, you never know. People from places like Brooklyn, the Carribean, NJ.... a lot of those folks love S FL. All I can say is, it will differ person to person, and I advise you and your family to RENT FIRST.
Thank you and yes we are renting

Old 06-06-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
The title of the thread is "why are so many Floridians unhappy?". Do we know that for a fact that it's true, or is it people who choose to post on this forum who are unhappy?
good question Orlando....and your right..

Old 06-06-2009, 09:02 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Quote:
No, this wasn't the title I chose for my post. The mods decided to change it for me and turn it into just another whiny Florida thread. My original title was a little more confrontational.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:02 AM

The one thing I do hear about (out in the real world) is complaining about jobs and wages. Recently some construction guy was saying that he was hired for some project and the rate was supposed to be $14/hour. But when he got to the job site with his tools they told him the rate had changed to $8/hour. I hear a lot of people talk about how hard it is to find a job right now. But I never hear people in daily complain about other things (heat, bugs, rude people) that get complained about on here on a regular basis.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
No, this wasn't the title I chose for my post. The mods decided to change it for me and turn it into just another whiny Florida thread. My original title was a little more confrontational.
Yeah, I saw that the title changed--I figured it wasn't you who changed it. . Now the title of the thread doesn't really reflect what was intended. But I guess they don't want another big flame war to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida