Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:40 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,743,113 times

Advertisements

When I lived in Florida City there were Bobcats around. No rabbit problem there! Anyway who cares if the rabbits eat some weeds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 03:42 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,157,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I've had a pet rabbit- it lived outside, hated it in the house. When a hurricane would come, I put it in a playpen unless we were playing with it. Our pool was fenced and it dug a deep hole in the ground. Then it would come to the rest of the yard when my dog and cat were out to play. It would push a beachball and we would push it back and she would nose it back to us. I had a roofer who kicked the beachball out of the way and every time he looked around, the ball was back. It took him a while before he saw the bunny bunting it back to him! It would freak people out to see it sitting in the front yard in the evening- it was big as a large cat and the cars would go by and the drivers would do a double take.

I've heard that human hair keeps them out of gardens. Have been to a haridresser when someone came in to get a bag full to keep rabbits away.
Human hair? The barber/beauty shop will make a killing selling hair...

Old 04-13-2007, 03:55 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,229,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Post a pic of the rabbit hunter cat....
Per your request I present Mickey, the great hunter!

Last edited by Racelady88; 06-30-2007 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-13-2007, 04:02 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,157,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Per your request I present Mickey, the great hunter!
Thanks, great pic

Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 PM

121 posts, read 504,046 times
Default Just they way they are

Bad dog no biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Funny thing, RIverview, we had a cat when I was younger who used to spend a lot of time outdoors. One day my mother was alarmed to watch the cat being chased by a big doberman past the back window. About 30 seconds later the pair crossed the window again going in the OTHER direction.... but this time my cat was chasing the whimpering doberman.

_______Not we don't treat them bad to make them mean. They are just very terirtoral and as a matter af fact a couple dobies made the mistake of getting under our fence and into the yard. They soon found out that even at two on one they were luckey that I opended the gate and let them run out. And they never came back But with thieir butts whipped like that who would. As far as letting a cat hurt poor rabbits that have been run out or thieir homes and are just trying to survive. Well that cat better have ten lives cause I have a 20 gauge to protect those bunnies.

Unless you're one of them "dog fighting" types that keep your dogs deprived to stay mean, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: