Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:55 AM

5 posts, read 8,891 times

Advertisements

Please help! I have been scanning the boards for weeks now, trying to pick a great location, and I have two homes that I have applied to rent and both were accepted.
The lanlords want a decision right away. It is between Narcoossee and Clermont.
Both have good schools ive heard, the houses in Clermont seem to have alot of vacation rentals which i wonder about - how many are FT residents...(the community is Mission park)

Narcoossee has good schools too, it is a private gated community, but the house might go on the market when things turn around, or might have a rent increase which would concern me. (renting for way less than it should to get someone in- does anyone know fla law regarding rent increases during lease?)

Ill be working in Orlando
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 01:07 PM

479 posts, read 1,455,952 times
Narcoosee isn't really a city/town...just on the outskirts of Orlando.

I live in Clermont and it's nice...we actually have some hills, although instead of citrus we now mostly have rooftops. But it's still quiet compared to Orlando. However, it's about a 25-30 mile drive from Clermont to Orlando. I'm not familiar with the community you mentioned, but since you said vacation rentals, it's probably near the 4 corners area (near 192, closer to Disney). Yep, I just checked. Some of the apt. complexes in that area seem to have a higher incidence of crime than other areas of Clermont -- plus it's about 10-12 miles south of Clermont per se. It's a heavy tourist area as well.

Maybe you could get more info on the Narcoosee area from the folks on the Orlando forum. Ask about it and I'm sure some people know where it is and what is offered.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Mission Park is mostly short term rentals and in a very touristy area.

Narcoosee is kind of out in the middle of no where.

Frankly I'd choose non of the above and keep looking. You've got to be able to find something more suitable.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:36 PM

5 posts, read 8,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Mission Park is mostly short term rentals and in a very touristy area.

Narcoosee is kind of out in the middle of no where.

Frankly I'd choose non of the above and keep looking. You've got to be able to find something more suitable.

Wow- that bad? I was thinking that about Mission park as the other poster had said too, but Narcoosee is really the boonies? Do you mean there is nothing around as far as entertainment/stores... or more like horses and cows?
I like the quiet development type places, but I also like to shop

Thanks so much to both answers, i really appreciate it!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:47 AM

My experience with Narcoosee is lots of cows. It's got to be at least half an hour drive to any type of entertainment or stores. Depending on where in Narcoosee you are it could be 10 miles to the closest grocery store. It is not suburban, it is rural.

I can't believe you're not finding hosues that are better located, there are hundreds if not thousands of rentals out there.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:00 AM

164 posts, read 652,729 times
Check out Winter Garden .Also there ouR conds that rent along 535 and there a new mall outside one in Wi nter Garden NICE AREA. I seen a few rentals just e-mail me if you like

Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM

Be careful in Winter Garden, over half of the area is NOT AT ALL desirable.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:25 AM

The area Minnie referenced is quite nice. Lots of really nice places in WG and Ocoee nowadays!

Old 06-12-2009, 10:29 AM

There is a small section of Winter Garden that is desirable, absolutely. On the other hand you couldn't pay me enough to live anywhere in Ocoee.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:40 AM

Have you ever seen the developments that went in a few years ago in Ocoee? They're really beautiful places, near a new high school, and near 429 for easy access to almost anywhere in the Orlando area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida