Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 09:49 PM

88 posts, read 201,188 times

Advertisements

I will be taking a trip to destin or panhandle area anyway hopefully within the next six weeks. I'm looking for a cheap hotel, I don't need any amenities, just a decent bed and a shower. I've read lots of reviews about these horrible cheap hotels. What i'm thinking is that many of these people are looking for a fancy place for 60-75 dollars and are being unrealistic. If anyone has any exp. with hotels in this area please let me know. Do I need to find a 100+ to get anything decent. Is anywhere dangerous? I'm from Memphis so I can't imagine anything there being like here but i'm really not sure. Any info would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 06:51 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
If you don't need to be right on the beach and are renting on a weekly basis, I'd try the Value Place chain- ValuePlace.com - Extended Stay Hotel, Extended Stay Hotels, Weekly Rates

Right now, they're a newer budget extended stay chain, which hopefully means that their staff is trying harder at this point and previous guests haven't had the time to trash the place yet. I know the Ft. Walton Beach one is in a reasonably safe area.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
I would drive down 98 from pensacola to st. george island and camp at the state parks if you are running low budget.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I would drive down 98 from pensacola to st. george island and camp at the state parks if you are running low budget.
not neccesary their are closer state parks, even one in panama city st joseph right on the beach, however Im not sure if they have camping.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:42 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
not neccesary their are closer state parks, even one in panama city st joseph right on the beach, however Im not sure if they have camping.
Yeah that is what I meant...there are several all along 98 from pensacola to st. george, just to clarify.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:19 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,710,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitoy View Post
Greetings to Russian all in particular and to Belorussians if are at this forum. I from Belarus. Has ended veterinary academy in Vitebsk. Can at whom there are acquaintances who could help with work. (To mow lawns, to collect fruit, to clean shops, to wash windows) and other work. Or the worker on a farm? If who can help respond please.
Thankful in advance.
silent84@mail.ru
You might have better luck with responses if you were to post this as a separate thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida