Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 32,149 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of vacationing in Florida next month. We are looking for a nice beach that isn't crowded. A few years ago we drove through the Clearwater area and it was so crowded on the beach there's no way we could have found parking let alone enjoyed the beach.

We're not looking at any one place specifically. We do prefer the Gulf side though. Also, with 6 of us (we have 4 kids) we need someplace that's laid back and very budget friendly.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Lanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
Default Naples

Quote:
Originally Posted by laniee68 View Post
We are thinking of vacationing in Florida next month. We are looking for a nice beach that isn't crowded. A few years ago we drove through the Clearwater area and it was so crowded on the beach there's no way we could have found parking let alone enjoyed the beach.

We're not looking at any one place specifically. We do prefer the Gulf side though. Also, with 6 of us (we have 4 kids) we need someplace that's laid back and very budget friendly.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Lanie
The snowbirds are gone now. There are very few people on the beaches, or anywhere else, in the middle of the summer. Prices also go down in the summer because hotels are just trying to fill up rooms. Maybe you could even rent a condo/house from a homeowner for a week or two. You have a lot of options this time of the year.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,550,598 times
Please slather on the sun screen and be prepared to sweat. We're having heat indexes in the 100s. I drove through the Clearwater Beach area earlier this week and it wasn't crowded at all (until sunset).

Old 06-18-2009, 04:30 PM

529 posts, read 1,001,267 times
Default Alligator Point/Bald Point

This is the least crowded beach I have been on in FL. Alligator Point is more developed than Bald Point, but both are sparsely populated. I especially like Bald Point because there are a 2 places with beach access, one of which has only 4 parking spots total. Everytime I have been there I was the only car there so I had the entire beach to myself. The water is tannin-stained there and it is extremely shallow so the swimming is an adventure although down towards Alligator point it gets clearer. But the solitude, nature and fishing all make it a low-key relaxing vacation.

Here is a link to some rentals in the area:

http://www.gulfcoastrentals.com/flor...gatorpoint.htm

Old 06-18-2009, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 16,067 times
Hey- You should visit the Florida's panhandle area...more specifically, Destin/Seagrove Area. Sugar white sands, secluded beach accesses and Wallyworld for all your family budget needs. Plan on eating in because it expensive to eat out around here. But, the most beautiful beaches in the world. Good luck!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 AM

2 posts, read 32,149 times
Smile Thanks

Thank you all for the advice. I will be researching all places suggested

Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,088,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laniee68 View Post
Thank you all for the advice. I will be researching all places suggested

Check out Grayton Beach in the Panhandle too. Very cool, not crowded.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 PM

75 posts, read 247,664 times
Daytona Beach Shores. Not crowded. Family friendly. Clean beach. Awesome waves. Clean water. You can walk for miles on the beach. The water in the Gulf is pathetic compared to the east coast.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:07 AM

807 posts, read 3,172,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Daytona Beach Shores. Not crowded. Family friendly. Clean beach. Awesome waves. Clean water. You can walk for miles on the beach. The water in the Gulf is pathetic compared to the east coast.

Anyone can see, you've never been to 30A in Walton County. Your statement made me laugh out loud!

And for those who think Florida's tourists all stay home in the summer (too hot)... The 4th of July is our busiest holiday up here. In fact, I'm seeing nearly 100% occupancy across the board. That's why I didn't suggest to the OP that they come here in July for solitude.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:21 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,365,059 times
Naples (Marco Island) is quiet and beautiful. West vs East doesn't make much difference in ocean color...it's North vs South that makes the difference. The further South you go, the more blue and Caribbean like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida