Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:55 PM

28 posts, read 787,635 times

Advertisements

Hi there! We are relocating to the Daytona area this summer & have started investigating properties in the area. We are planning to rent, but if we find the "perfect" property we may buy. We've made two trips down, but not yet explored Port Orange. We found a house online in the Covendale section of Waters Edge subdivision. It looks great, but being completely unaware of the area, I'm looking for a local's opinion. Is this a good, safe area that we should consider? Thanks for any help you can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 12:35 AM

4 posts, read 15,708 times
Hi, I'm a long time Port Orange resident and I'm familiar with Waters Edge. It is a huge "cookie cutter" subdivision that is built on an old sod farm. I remember back about 8 or 9 years ago when ICI started building out there it used to get flooded after a heavy rain. I think they may have resolved that issue a few years back by digging more retention ponds. The homes are beautiful out there but I'm not crazy about the location off Airport Rd. I think its now South Williamson. Which is just west of I-95. Its now become a congested area.

I recommend Port Orange as I think its a great city and low crime, but I'd look either a little north of Dunlawton on Williamson in Royal Palm or Town Park subdivision. Also check out areas east of 95 off Dunlawton (the main east west road) Countryside and areas of South Nova Rd. Those are the areas I perfer as they are much closer to shopping, YMCA and City Hall.

Also be perpared to pay at least $1,200-$1,500 for a decent home to rent. It is no longer cheap to live here. You are smart to rent awhile to see if you will like the area plus the house prices need to come down to reality.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 42,198 times
Covendale is a nice neighorhood in Port Orange. Many of the homes in that neighborhood are 2500+ sq ft. The lots are average sized and there is usually plenty of room for a pool. The location is wonderful and it is surrounded by great schools for all ages. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information. My email addres is kevin @ 386realestate .com I used spaces so I don't have to worry about spam.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:17 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,309 times
My house is in Waters Edge in Port Orange. It's a very nice community. Great for taking walks. There are some great sidewalk trails that go around lake areas that you can walk on. Every night there are people out walking. Covendale is a section within Waters Edge, it's where the more expensive homes in the community are located. It's a gated area. The houses inside Covendale are bigger than those outside the gate, but that's the only difference, the rest of the community is all the same. Almost all the houses are on little lakes/ponds. It's a good family oriented community, quiet, safe, close to a park, close to golfing and less than 15 minutes from the ocean. Plus the homeowner's insurance rates are not bad here. Port Orange also has excellent schools.

Port Orange is nice and Waters Edge is great (that's why I bought a home there). :-)

Old 05-24-2007, 05:27 PM

279 posts, read 471,731 times
there is some place they keep advertising on tv, i think it is called royal villages
or royal palms or something similar, it looks real nice

Old 05-24-2007, 05:31 PM

279 posts, read 471,731 times
villages of royal palm it is, i can't tell if its a 55+ age type community

Old 05-24-2007, 07:28 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,744,309 times
Royal Palm is nice, but it's a retirement community and it's not cheap. Plus they give you like no land, the houses are SO close together!! It's crazy. They say they take care of the grass for you. It's kind of like a detached condo community. The houses are smacked up next to each other, no breathing room.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 17,380 times
Default Waters Edge - Pool - Golf Carts

I also have a few questions about Waters Edge as I am thinking about someday buying there.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to put in a community pool at Waters Edge? One would think that as large as Waters Edge is ther would be some kind of plan for a community pool.

What can anybody tell me about the use of golf carts at Waters Edge?
I have vacationed at The Villages where carts are a way of life. If I had planned to golf almost exclusively at Cypress Head G.C. when I retire, do I stand to save any money by having my own cart? And if not, I might still consider springing for a cheap cart so as to not tie up the family car when I'm golfing. But was curious if golf carts are owned at all by Waters Edge residents? There is what appears to be a reasonably wide cart path along Airport Road down to Cypress Springs Parkway that golf carts could use without violating any laws. But it's within the Waters Edge and Cypress Head developments that I'd like to know whether driving carts around is considered taboo?

Old 08-09-2008, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 11,355 times
My husband and I are looking to relocate from PA and saw a few really nice houses in Waters Edge. I was wondering if anyone knew what the monthly fee is for that community and what it includes. Let me know if they have their own website. I haven't been able to find one. Only for the builder. Thanks

Old 08-20-2008, 06:47 AM

2 posts, read 17,380 times
Default Waters Edge Fees

We looked at several 3BR homes in Waters Edge and the quarterly POA Dues or Maintenance Fees were in the $105 to $120 range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida