Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 03:24 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,240,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrome View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law, I have family members I lost to cancer so I know what you're going through. But I was prompted to ask to give you a taste of your own medicine because some of your posts I found contentious when you yourself don't know the situations certain people are in. For example, paraphrasing, "you must not have skills that employers have to offer" for those who can't find jobs, or "people who are miserable in FL should get out, having no money is no excuse". Those are not your exact words, but look at your posts, I cited them. If you have problems finding your posts which sound that way, let me know, I'll find them for you.

Just like I asked you why you haven't moved to FL yet, then don't judge those who don't like it in FL as if they can pick up and move themselves that quickly. They too will need time, either to find jobs, sell their homes, or save up for the move. In the meantime, they are coping just like the rest of us are, and if they need to bash where they live to cope, then by gosh, go at it, here's the hammer. And if you want to counter, then go at it, let this vicious cycle continue.

I asked in another post, if everyone posted that everything is great about FL, then this would be a lovefest and either a very boring board or no reason to exist to post their opinions, but the reality is, even long before I got here, there's always people who will have a negative opinion of FL, and they will voice it. I don't see people blaming you or anyone for that matter of their displeasure with FL, I believe they're just voicing their opinions, and you tend to take it personally. If they say something bad about FL, what are you being blamed for their problems? I don't get the correlation...

This thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned if we get too personal of each other, or if I get banned I could care less, I think I'm spending too much time here anyways when I could be doing something more constructive.

BTW, as I get older or members of my family do, I found it more important than ever to be close to family. While you're wherever you are, you can always vacation down here and do those activities (scuba, swim, surf, ocean, etc.), unless you like to do them on a daily or weekly basis, then I see why you would want to move. I feel the same way but opposite with my kids, I would not want them to plant their roots here, so hopefully they'll find jobs up north when they're done with school. As before, to each his/her own.

Again, I have lived in Florida for a short time, spend a ton of time now in Florida, have many friends and family in Florida, have neighbors who own second homes in Florida, have done business with many people in Florida.

So it is not like I know nothing about Florida.

I see everything when I am in Florida, I am always looking around, asking questions etc and I do see the changes, but it is like that everywhere you go.

No one can tell me that Florida has changed more then Central and Eastern Ohio. I have seen it in both states, this state is falling apart in those areas. Where you could not find enough people to fill the jobs in eastern Ohio now town after town have buildings sitting empty falling apart.

Florida has not changed nothing close to seeing towns after downs dying because of the imports into out country. All you have to do is drive up or down Rt 7 along the Ohio, Pa, WVa border and see it. Drive into small towns in southeastern Ohio, towns are pretty much gone falling apart and lifeless.

So, I can personally state the things because I do know, have personally saw it, have personally been watching it for years. Everything is changing, not just Florida.

Most people are afraid of change. Some can handle it and some cannot.

For me I see only a select few who hate Florida with a passion here. I have yet to see one single person post I hate Floirda and I made a mistake moving here and it was all my fault. No, all I read is how miserable or depressed people are and it is all Floridas fault, all your fault, etc etc etc.

Gosh it gets old reading that when I know it is not all someone elses fault.

Dang people need to take responsibility. How many people read this stuff and decide or get afraid to even try it because some people ( NOT ALL ) are not honest enough to state they are the reason Florida is not for them.

Come on, not all of you bashers have made perfect choices and you know it. I made a mistake coming back to Ohio many years ago, that was my fault, not yours, not Florida, not Ohios, mine. All mine.

I would like to see for once someone finally post.

You know I moved to Florida and I made the mistake of picking the wrong town, wrong school, wrong house, wrong job. But no, all the reading I do here I cannot find one single post like that.

And to top it off 3-4 of the posters who post total negatives about Florida show us all this. I was forced here or I had no choice to come here etc.

Goodness, if it was that darn bad then why are there so many who want to move to Florida? One heck of a lot more then who want to move out.

So please, for those of us who want to move to Florida, would someone step up and be honest why you want to leave? It is ok to admit you made a poor choice, or you took the wrong job, or you picked the wrong town or school etc.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,475,629 times
Welcome back, Floridabound09!

Maybe just cut & paste to save time...but seems you may have a lot of time on your hands regardless....

Old 03-21-2009, 03:55 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,594,138 times
Default How many times are you going to post this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Again, I have lived in Florida for a short time, spend a ton of time now in Florida, have many friends and family in Florida, have neighbors who own second homes in Florida, have done business with many people in Florida.

So it is not like I know nothing about Florida.

I see everything when I am in Florida, I am always looking around, asking questions etc and I do see the changes, but it is like that everywhere you go.

No one can tell me that Florida has changed more then Central and Eastern Ohio. I have seen it in both states, this state is falling apart in those areas. Where you could not find enough people to fill the jobs in eastern Ohio now town after town have buildings sitting empty falling apart.

Florida has not changed nothing close to seeing towns after downs dying because of the imports into out country. All you have to do is drive up or down Rt 7 along the Ohio, Pa, WVa border and see it. Drive into small towns in southeastern Ohio, towns are pretty much gone falling apart and lifeless.

So, I can personally state the things because I do know, have personally saw it, have personally been watching it for years. Everything is changing, not just Florida.

Most people are afraid of change. Some can handle it and some cannot.

For me I see only a select few who hate Florida with a passion here. I have yet to see one single person post I hate Floirda and I made a mistake moving here and it was all my fault. No, all I read is how miserable or depressed people are and it is all Floridas fault, all your fault, etc etc etc.

Gosh it gets old reading that when I know it is not all someone elses fault.

Dang people need to take responsibility. How many people read this stuff and decide or get afraid to even try it because some people ( NOT ALL ) are not honest enough to state they are the reason Florida is not for them.

Come on, not all of you bashers have made perfect choices and you know it. I made a mistake coming back to Ohio many years ago, that was my fault, not yours, not Florida, not Ohios, mine. All mine.

I would like to see for once someone finally post.

You know I moved to Florida and I made the mistake of picking the wrong town, wrong school, wrong house, wrong job. But no, all the reading I do here I cannot find one single post like that.

And to top it off 3-4 of the posters who post total negatives about Florida show us all this. I was forced here or I had no choice to come here etc.

Goodness, if it was that darn bad then why are there so many who want to move to Florida? One heck of a lot more then who want to move out.

So please, for those of us who want to move to Florida, would someone step up and be honest why you want to leave? It is ok to admit you made a poor choice, or you took the wrong job, or you picked the wrong town or school etc.
I, for one, have told my/our story over and over. My husband was out of work for a year and a half. He put his resume up on Monster. The first company to offer him a job was in Florida. He didn't care WHERE it was. If that job offer was in ALASKA, he would have taken it. He has a few years to retirement, hopefully. He has said to all his friends, that he doesn't like living in Florida, but HAD to come here to survive.

I lived in Central Florida for 6 months in 1971. I came here for a BF, not because I wanted to live in Florida. I don't like summer. I never wanted to come back. It was a choice for me, yes I admit that. Do I moved to Florida which I hated, or divorce my husband. Great choices, huh?

I thought I could put up with Florida for a few years. I have found that SW Florida, especially Naples, is NOTHING like CENTRAL Florida where I lived and left. It is much, much worse with all the humidity, heat, snowbirds, tourists, etc. I exemplifies Florida to the nth degree.

I really don't see how you cannot see that there wasn't much choice for us. Should we have stayed and gone on welfare, or lived on the streets?

Damn, unbelievable. We WILL move, we are both in agreement, when we are financially able to.

No more. How many times are we going to beat this dead horse to death? If you don't like my answer, that is YOUR problem, not mine.

Last edited by TANaples; 03-21-2009 at 04:07 PM..

Old 03-21-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Welcome back, Floridabound09!

Maybe just cut & paste to save time...but seems you may have a lot of time on your hands regardless....
Do you mean hockeymom72 as below?

You must have someone mixed up as TaNaples is also Hockeymom72!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:24 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,475,629 times
Quote:
Do you mean hockeymom72 as below?

You must have someone mixed up as TaNaples is also Hockeymom72!
She said long time ago that her screenname was changed.

Just admit who you are...it's incredibly easy to figure out...

Just look at your old posts, FB09 & the other poster who was your wife/sig other who went by Sunny something or another....unless you are two in the same....it's the internet...

Give the thread some life & write some new material. Your stuff is just a drag to read since it's repetivitive from all the other posts...

Old 03-21-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
She said long time ago that her screenname was changed.

Just admit who you are...it's incredibly easy to figure out...

Just look at your old posts, FB09 & the other poster who was your wife/sig other who went by Sunny something or another....unless you are two in the same....it's the internet...

Give the thread some life & write some new material. Your stuff is just a drag to read since it's repetivitive from all the other posts...
Oh wow, another Florida hater.

uhm, hockeymoms account was banned.

Sorry, but I know 20 people in my neighborhood from central Ohio who wants to move to Florida.

Are you the same person as Hockeymom72? as most of your post are so easy to see the negatives over and over. Doesn't it get old for you three? Since you are one in the same or have the same ISSUES.

Gessh, where does Florida draw the line who let in?

Old 03-21-2009, 05:19 PM

Default Isn't that what is great about AMERICA?

Quote:
Oh wow, another Florida hater.

uhm, hockeymoms account was banned.

Sorry, but I know 20 people in my neighborhood from central Ohio who wants to move to Florida.

Are you the same person as Hockeymom72? as most of your post are so easy to see the negatives over and over. Doesn't it get old for you three? Since you are one in the same or have the same ISSUES.

Gessh, where does Florida draw the line who let in?
We are free to go wherever we want. I am sure the state of Florida just LOVES people who move to the state and make over minimum wage.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
We are free to go wherever we want. I am sure the state of Florida just LOVES people who move to the state and make over minimum wage.
I wont go into the min wage issue again.

If you are making min. wage that is your fault.

I worked for min. wage last when I was 16 years old and will never have to do that again.

There is a reason for min. wage. ( It's called min. skills and value to that particular employer )

The median income for Florida is 49k per year. With the lower cost of living in Florida compared to my area anyone would be doing far better in Florida on the same income.

Housing is less
Utilities is less
Groceries is less
Healthcare is far less

The only thing that cost more is riding the bus or taking a taxi!

Old 03-21-2009, 06:30 PM

Default We make over $100,000

Quote:
I wont go into the min wage issue again.

If you are making min. wage that is your fault.

I worked for min. wage last when I was 16 years old and will never have to do that again.

There is a reason for min. wage. ( It's called min. skills and value to that particular employer )

The median income for Florida is 49k per year. With the lower cost of living in Florida compared to my area anyone would be doing far better in Florida on the same income.

Housing is less
Utilities is less
Groceries is less
Healthcare is far less

The only thing that cost more is riding the bus or taking a taxi!
Is that minimum wage. Money has nothing to do with US, and I repeat US, not liking Florida.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Is that minimum wage. Money has nothing to do with US, and I repeat US, not liking Florida.
What made you think I meant you?

No, that is the MEDIAN wage scale.

Again, if you are working for min wage that is your fault and maybe a 2nd or 3rd job will help. ( Again Tan not meaning you direct )

I could make it easily on 50k per year in many towns in Florida. Real easily.

I just read someone is making it on 42k in Clearwater with 2 kids, I could handle that! Then work some on the side if needed to get the things I want.

Its called work more hours people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida