Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 AM

360 posts, read 1,902,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
It's funny...the posters who sit around patting themselves on the back about fantastic they are b/c they are so positive & happy & spread pure love & joy to the human race yet have no problems attacking others, putting them down & judging them...

Even funnier, most of these posters don't even live in the state.

So, you have issues with people who left FL & still post but you don't even live in FL? Really, to see the sad & depressed...just look in your mirror....
I don't attack anyone I don't think. I don't have issues and I'm far from sad and depressed. I do love my huge mirror tho!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,837,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringedNFab View Post
It's cool TNRyan, from what I have read you do just tell things like they are and don't just bit** and bash Florida all day long simply trying to make everyone else feel as miserable. From my time on here I basically see 2 groups of people, the ones who attract negative people and the ones who attract the positive feeling ones. I guess that's just the way things will be on here. I take it you left out for a better life and job, I just hope people realize that same thing is happening all over the U.S. with people and Florida's not alone. I wouldn't say I'm a cheerleader here, I came here a long while back just to gather helpful information both good and bad about areas, jobs, etc. and while I've taken in the good and the bad from people, with some you just have to shrug off as just miserable people who complain all the time about anything in life. That's not pointing any one person out, but we do have these kinds of people in life, everywhere. So you just leave things at that. I try to use my time on here in a positive productive way and would like to try and get along with everyone and not have to nit pick with anyone and I'm not trying to make any enemies really. We all have those days tho where we wont be pushed or tested I know. I've been planning this move for quite some time now and very aware of what's going on down there and right up north here so I'm well prepared as anyone should be. This isn't something one should do overnight, altho I personally know of people who have moved on a whim and done just fine elsewhere. But that won't be me. I appreciate everyones input really.
You're right. I left for a better life and a better job but on top of it all, My main reason for leaving was that I couldn't get accepted to one single Florida University while I was accepted to every one I applied to in Tennessee. I had familly up here which is why I decided to come here in the first place. I needed to go to an actual University in Florida because I was dependent on having on campus housing. Being that I was already a resident and because my work paid minnimum wage I had already qualified for full financial aid and that was going to pay for the housing as well as tuition. It all worked out in the end though.

Like I've said many times. If I was able to make a decent wage in Florida I would probably already be back in the state. Will I ever move back ? I would say it's pretty likley because I'm a native and Florida reguardless of if I want it to be or not, IS home.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:06 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,837,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
If you want real information that is factual, not opinion, go to the government agencies.
Do you REALLY trust the government enough to give you real, solid, truthful, advice ?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:13 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,539,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
" I do like watching the wildlife. I enjoy watching all the different species of birds while I sit on my lanai. It was "cool", but scary, seeing an alligator in my lake just feet from me. I liked seeing the dolphins at the beach. I have even seen a male panther washing and sunning himself, not far from the road in Naples. Very, very rare occurence I am told. Yes, I get enjoyment from these "simple pleasures". Plus, as I have written, I love just sitting on my lanai in the cool, dark, night air.

Wow TAN!!!!! Can I offer you a job with the Florida Tourism and Relocation Board?

Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
Default Oh, forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
Wow TAN!!!!! Can I offer you a job with the Florida Tourism and Relocation Board?
to mention the iguana crawling up the screen of my lanai. I must attract them.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:55 PM

573 posts, read 2,433,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raivere View Post
Lol. I find that amusing.

Hmmm...please elaborate. We didn't find it very amusing and still don't.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:35 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,044,941 times
Thread is closed..

Last edited by Keeper; 04-06-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida