Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 PM

5 posts, read 14,061 times

Advertisements

wow mr./ mrs. back to fl- you are so observant!I've only been on this thing twice--

We have changed our minds, back and forth several times actually. We have spent sleepless nights trying to figure out what is right. What we have here in SC is really hard to leave, Great home, great schools-- but what we dont have weighs heaviy on our hearts-

Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 PM

238 posts, read 665,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshell View Post
wow mr./ mrs. back to fl- you are so observant!I've only been on this thing twice--

We have changed our minds, back and forth several times actually. We have spent sleepless nights trying to figure out what is right. What we have here in SC is really hard to leave, Great home, great schools-- but what we dont have weighs heaviy on our hearts-
We feel the same way. We live in the North Georgia Mountains, awesome affordable home with a fantastic neighborhood & beautiful scenery. The locals can be a little intolerant of FLoridians (bias) but most others are nice. This just does not feel right. Home is where the heart is we miss the tropical scene, family, activities, etc. We always will come back to visit these pretty states but FL is and always will be home and thats where we belong

Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,958,819 times
My dh and I think and talk about moving back to Fl ALL THE TIME! We moved from Bradenton about 7 years ago to the mountains of NC. That never felt like home, but we needed to be there to take care of my dad. Now we are in Kentucky(which makes NC look like heaven!) and all we keep saying to each other is we want to go home. Bradenton is pretty much out of the question, but just not sure where we want to go. Florida will always be home to me.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM

5 posts, read 22,587 times
Default FL to CA and back

My hubby and I met in college in Florida. He grew up in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We left Florida in 1994 to move to TX. Stayed there for a year where my family is, hated it - except for the family part. Then moved to CA - Southern Cal. Loved it here for the last 12 years. However, Florida still feels like home, and we miss the warm wheather and the warm beach. CA beaches are beautiful to look at, but that's where it stops.

So we have made a trip back with now 2 kids, and loved the Wellington area (just south of Palm Beach, north of Boca Raton). We plan to move back sometime next year - if we can sell our house here in CA.

I agree with some of the previous posters - once you've lived in Florida, it does something to you and draws you back..

Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 PM

436 posts, read 1,351,862 times
[quote=

I agree with some of the previous posters - once you've lived in Florida, it does something to you and draws you back..[/QUOTE]

This must be true because there are some who left Florida hating it, yet still post on this forum all the time. Even with all its drawbacks, the beauty of Florida is hard to leave behind totally.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:48 PM

29 posts, read 57,856 times
Wink We moved back

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly925 View Post
Just wondering if there is anyone on this forum who had moved away from Florida and then moved back? If so, why did you come back?
Several years ago after being in Florida for 10+ years, we moved to Kansas City. Within 2 months we knew it was a mistake as I hate cold weather. The reason we moved was neither of us had a good career at the time and thought being back in our home state was going to be different. The jobs there did not pay well either. I had two of them while we saved up to move back. You can't go home again. It's never like you remember it.

Moved back and 6 months later we bought our home where we've been for 11 years in Sarasota. Like all areas the kids have drug problems, etc. Get them in a good church and they'll be fine.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:58 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,935,854 times
Florida definately has some kind of cosmic pull for me. I've moved away twice and am now back again and happy to be here. As soon as I step out of the airport and feel the balmy air ( or sticky stiffling air, depending on your viewpoint) I relax. Weird I know.

But one thing can't be denied. Florida is interesting! Just read the forums from other states. For the most part, they are boring! People are more outspoken on this forum and there are so many varying viewpoints.

Florida has many disadvantages, especially the ridiculous salaries IMO but there is always something to do and something to talk about, or complain about

Old 11-07-2007, 07:10 PM

199 posts, read 217,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylvk View Post
Several years ago after being in Florida for 10+ years, we moved to Kansas City. Within 2 months we knew it was a mistake as I hate cold weather. The reason we moved was neither of us had a good career at the time and thought being back in our home state was going to be different. The jobs there did not pay well either. I had two of them while we saved up to move back. You can't go home again. It's never like you remember it.

Moved back and 6 months later we bought our home where we've been for 11 years in Sarasota. Like all areas the kids have drug problems, etc. Get them in a good church and they'll be fine.
That is very dangerous advice, get the kids to church and all will "be fine" concerning drugs. Yeah, the stick you head in the sand approach concerning drugs is a great idea!! Very irresponsible post. I have raised 3 kids, all atheists, and none drink or do drugs.

I know many kids who play the game, go to church, and are total fakes, doing drugs and all kinds of garbage. By the way, what is "a good church"??

Drugs are a serious issue that can't be solved by church. A parent must be all over the issue from the time a child is 5 years old. It has NOTHING to do with a kid going to church or not, absolutely nothing.

Coach Andy Reid of the Eagles and his wife are huge church goers, took their kids to church every single week. 2 of his sons were sentenced Monday to jail time...for drugs.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:05 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,467,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
Florida is so amazin I just can't imagine how anyone could ever leave.
I say the same about New England

Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM

458 posts, read 592,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
Florida is so amazin I just can't imagine how anyone could ever leave.
I hear that. We were forced to leave FL. and go up north for several years due to business. We are positioning our business so that never happens again. There is no way on earth we would ever leave our Florida paradise again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida