Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 05:06 PM

12 posts, read 52,961 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are in our 40s and looking to purchase a retirement place in Florida. What are the key differences between the East Coast and Gulf Coast cities?
Before we come down to look at places, we want to at least narrow down which coast to visit. I'm worried that if I ask a realtor on the east coast, he will tell me that's the place to buy. If I ask a realtor on the other coast, he will say the Gulf coast is best. How do we narrow down to just a few specific cities?

To buy in an adult community, must one of us be at least 55, or can we put my mother's name on the lease too?

I'd appreciate any advice you have that would tell me where to start looking!

Thanks so much,

Michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 11:15 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,126,566 times
A person who is well versed in Real Estate is one who is currently marketing and has a current RE license to sell. I do not but my remarks would be subjective to our personal tastes so here it is.....

We love the East coast.....However, when I worked I did travel to the West coast and found the East coast more to our liking.....

As far as a 55+ communites goes I would believe that your mother would have to be on the lease as a major contributor or the purchaseor.....If you are going to be traveling back and forth maybe a gated community such as Tradition in Port Saint Lucie on the East coast or something else of the same caliber will be good for you....It is a gated community with a lot of ammeneties and more coming and considered very safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida