U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:21 PM

156 posts, read 1,037,284 times

Advertisements

We have a family of 5- we are currently living in a small village about 30 minutes from a large city. I am looking for an area in FL that is inland (not too close to the major hurricane damage), a smaller village, low crime and good schools. My kids take part in a lot of after school activities and play hockey, lacrosse and take dance classes. I was looking at Newberry or around the Ocala area. Suggestions? Also where online will I find the most updated site for housing- buying and renting in the areas?

Thanks for any advice!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 03:22 PM

13,495 posts, read 36,111,096 times
I have no suggestions as to where to live since I'm not from Florida, BUT you may find a fairly updated list of homes for sale and possibly even rentals at Ocala4Sale. They do have homes for sale from Marion Co. and also a few in Lake Co. is what I've noticed in the past.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I have no suggestions as to where to live since I'm not from Florida, BUT you may find a fairly updated list of homes for sale and possibly even rentals at Ocala4Sale. They do have homes for sale from Marion Co. and also a few in Lake Co. is what I've noticed in the past.
Thanks, I will check them out!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Also- job searching....where to begin?

Old 04-22-2007, 04:57 PM

378 posts, read 1,168,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrein View Post
We have a family of 5- we are currently living in a small village about 30 minutes from a large city. I am looking for an area in FL that is inland (not too close to the major hurricane damage), a smaller village, low crime and good schools. My kids take part in a lot of after school activities and play hockey, lacrosse and take dance classes. I was looking at Newberry or around the Ocala area. Suggestions? Also where online will I find the most updated site for housing- buying and renting in the areas?

Thanks for any advice!
Try a town named New Port Richey... Very charming, offers so much, though I can only guess that the schools are good. It is located North of Tampa off Highway 19. Lived there for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Good luck!

Old 04-22-2007, 05:11 PM

1,464 posts, read 3,944,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrein View Post
Also- job searching....where to begin?
here is a link to newspapers -online-
dependig on the city or town you choose, you may want to use google maps for that. Check out the classieds or Jobs section.

http://dlis.dos.state.fl.us/fgils/flnews2.html

good luck

Old 04-23-2007, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoJimo View Post
Try a town named New Port Richey... Very charming, offers so much, though I can only guess that the schools are good. It is located North of Tampa off Highway 19. Lived there for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Good luck!
How about hurricane season there?

Old 04-23-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
here is a link to newspapers -online-
dependig on the city or town you choose, you may want to use google maps for that. Check out the classieds or Jobs section.

http://dlis.dos.state.fl.us/fgils/flnews2.html

good luck
Thank you!

Old 04-23-2007, 05:26 AM

Are there any smaller towns around Ocala? I cannot seem to find any info on this site when I randomly look them up from a map

Old 04-23-2007, 06:07 PM

Bump for info on the smaller towns around Ocala
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida