Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:48 PM

858 posts, read 2,984,791 times

Advertisements

Considering it along with some other areas. Thank you,.....m
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 07:09 PM

12 posts, read 45,512 times
No!!!!!! WE left Palm Coast after three years. We had rattlesnakes, a gator came after our dog (we had a canal in our backyard) and water moccasins. There are no families and nothing to do except go to Walmart.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:14 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,723,269 times
You might want to do a search on Palm Coast, there's been quite a few threads over the last several months.

I'm in the Daytona area, just south of the Palm Coast area. My advice? Keep away from Palm Coast. It's blah! First, the neighborhoods are awful. Every third house is for sale, it's not very well planned out, many don't have sidewalks, etc.

And there is NOTHING to do there. They are getting a few businesses here and there, but otherwise it's such a small town and there's nothing. Unless you are retired and just plan to sit around all the time you will be bored out of your mind. Plus, it just doesn't look that nice.

Right now I live in Ormond Beach and I'm moving to Port Orange next week (we close on our house this week). Both of these places are great, look into them.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 7,385 times
We've looked at Palm Coast.

Other than Grand Haven, Hammock Dunes or a few areas in "sailboat country", I wouldn't bother.

On the whole it was a pretty bland place. Few restaurants, no stores, not much sense of community.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,587 times
Default Palm Coast $ more

Great growing city with gated communitites such as Grand Haven and others. Check out the links on my web site = including the new town center links and real estate listings

http://yourcommunityads.com/realestate/news.php

Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,723,269 times
Keep in mind that the town center is "planned" but not yet there. They are just getting going on some of the building.

Anyone interested in Palm Coast should absolutely visit there first. When you arrive you will be like most people that were interested from a distance - you will quickly become uninterested in the place and rule it out as an option.

Keep in mind that mlsflagler is a realtor.... it's her job to sell the place. :-)

Old 04-10-2007, 07:00 PM

13 posts, read 194,087 times
I had to comment on this.

I lived in Palm Coast for three years. It was awful. The word boring does not describe this place. My family and I could not wait to move out. The kids have nothing to do and the stores are few and far between. Everything is so spread out and there is a definite lack of community.

Couldn't pay me enough to move back there.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:32 PM

33 posts, read 230,963 times
I think your all nuts to tell u the truth. Palm Coast is a very nice place. I just moved down here from NYC, ( on Long Island just outside of NYC). I think my area (P section) is very nice with nice houses and landscaping. There are enough stores for me to shop. Trust me coming from a BIG city this is peace and quiet for me. My wife's aunt has live in PC or years and she loves it. Also compared to NY, it's much cheaper to live here. No more $10,000 a year property taxes for me. I think everyone should experience living in NYC just once. Then you'll see what I'm talking about, crime, shootings, crappy weather, everything's old and dirty, etc. As far as small town goes, I don't call 60,000 residents small, unless of course you come from a big city like I did. As far as someone saying theres NO FAMILIES, I see families all over the place, I'm lost on that one. Some people are complaining about the kids in PC getting into trouble like hitting mailboxes or breaking into peoples cars. Pleease, no city or town is immune to it. That's the facts. No, I'm not a realtor, just telling everyone my feelings.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:13 AM

989 posts, read 762,267 times
The problem with Palm coast is that it is GROSSLY overpriced because people from NYC come down and pay silly prices for poorly built homes. The Real Estate taxes in Florida are also out of control as a result.

I lived in Southern California and the house was worth about $1m. I paid just under $5000 a year in taxes. The same as a $250k home in Florida. I am looking at homes in the $500k range.

I actually like Palm coast for all the reasons some people dislike it. But there is no value for money there and there will not be for about another 7 - 10 years. Town Center or no Town Center.

Most Real Estate agents I have been involved with here in Florida simply lie through their back teeth about everything from the economy to the status of the property market. they RELY on those people prepared to pay more from NYC, in fact they live off them. Just ask one, they are happy to tell you. "People from up North Will Pay The Prices". They are right up there with car sales people in my opinion. A little research on your behalf will prove this. I catch them time and time again simply by looking at the Flagler Real Estate Appraisers web site. Almost everything about real estate is public information, a little leg work can get you more QUALITY information than ANY real estate agent will give you. They make money selling homes. Sales people MAXIMIZE their comp plans, it is a fact. The task is to sell not make a client happy. Some "Code of Ethics" they tout. In general I find realtors of no value at all, except to do the basic paperwork. So I simply find a home, go to the listing realtor and make an offer. The best way to work IMHO.

I am not referring to those few good people that try to make a difference. I know they are out there. i personally know a couple.

I will not buy till I get a price I like and is fair. There is about another -25 to -40% to go yet. So I always offer 25 - 40% less than they are asking. I have purchased 3 homes this way so far. It works. simply rent and buy your time. Never NEED a house, you will loose.

While people keep paying more for homes than they are worth, Palm Coast will remain a HO HUM place to live. It is cheaper right now to rent than to buy, a lot cheaper. This is a key indicator of the market.

Todays stats are that there are 1,995 homes for sale in Palm Coast. IMHO 50% are over priced.

SWR

I live in St. Augustine, Florida.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:51 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,337,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike98WS6 View Post
I think your all nuts to tell u the truth. Palm Coast is a very nice place. I just moved down here from NYC, ( on Long Island just outside of NYC). I think my area (P section) is very nice with nice houses and landscaping. There are enough stores for me to shop. Trust me coming from a BIG city this is peace and quiet for me. My wife's aunt has live in PC or years and she loves it. Also compared to NY, it's much cheaper to live here. No more $10,000 a year property taxes for me. I think everyone should experience living in NYC just once.
Mike,

I'm glad you like Palm Coast and are happy there. I'm curious though, did you choose PC because you already had family there (wife's aunt) and maybe you were more familiar with it from vacations or such? Did you consider other areas and you felt PC had advantages over those areas?

Coming from NYC (as I did as well), I think at first, ALL of Florida can look exotic and peaceful and quiet and the new housing developments can look quite stunning (SO different from what you see up north). Once the newness of it all wears off, then the real advantages and disadvantages of the different parts of the state start to appear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida