Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:43 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,947 times

Advertisements

I know we have all laughed (sort of) and told stories of the terrible drivers here and what we have experienced on the roads.

I have a good one for you... And I thought I would share it...

Coming home this afternoon, I heard the fire truck coming from off in the distance. So like most people I looked out for it. turns out I wasnt in the way at all. Most people that were in the way got out of the way - that's normal obviously.

Well one guy was not letting the fire truck get over into the next lane (the lane ended and people on the right needed to merger into left lane). Anyhow, the fire truck, as big as it is, had to swing out a bit since it's such a wide vehicle. So the fire truck is headed northbound - going slow as it just made the left turn - but going where ever it needed to go - and this one guy was determined not to let the fire truck in front of him. HUH??????????????????????? He finally slowed down before the fire truck HAD to merge and the guy said "G** D*** (I could read his lips) and threw up his middle finger - at the fire truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that bizarre?????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 06:31 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,303 times
Theres lots of bad attitudes on the road . Its called Road Rage and it appears in many forms.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
It's really sad that we have drivers on the road amongst us like that guy. What if it was his house or family the fire truck was heading too?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:39 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
I know we have all laughed (sort of) and told stories of the terrible drivers here and what we have experienced on the roads.

Coming home this afternoon, I heard the fire truck coming from off in the distance. So like most people I looked out for it. turns out I wasnt in the way at all. Most people that were in the way got out of the way - that's normal obviously.

Well one guy was not letting the fire truck get over into the next lane (the lane ended and people on the right needed to merger into left lane). Anyhow, the fire truck, as big as it is, had to swing out a bit since it's such a wide vehicle. So the fire truck is headed northbound - going slow as it just made the left turn - but going where ever it needed to go - and this one guy was determined not to let the fire truck in front of him. HUH??????????????????????? He finally slowed down before the fire truck HAD to merge and the guy said "G** D*** (I could read his lips) and threw up his middle finger - at the fire truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish that law enforcement would follow some of the fire trucks and issue tickets for morons like the one you saw. Not sure what the penalty is for failure to yield, but hope it is a hefty fine with additional repercussions for a second offense.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:24 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:

Must have been one of us MA drivers.....LOL. Kidding.

Kinda like the guy this morning who was about 110 years old sitting there gnawing his gums, who when I was in the right turn lane to merge to the right onto the main road, made his own lane on my left, literally like he was parked next to me on the left where there is NO LANE, and when I could finally go the old... drove out in front of me as if I was not there in my WHITE lifted Tacoma which as far as I can tell is not INVISIBLE!!!! Old people are about scary on the roads. I have always said, and I will always think, when you hit 70, MANDATORY road testing every 2 years.... When you fail, HERE IS A BUS PASS!!!!! Including myself.....

Old 08-01-2009, 08:25 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,801,312 times
Chris, that is funny about the old guy. Reminds me of the time my husand and I were honked at and yelled at by a white haired guy here in Georgia. We were waiting to turn right onto a 4 lane road with a lot of traffic. There was NO space to pull out as cars were coming at 45-50 mph. We heard a horn honking behind us and when I turned around, there was this guy going nuts yelling at his windshield and shaking his fists in the air.

After 37 years, I've come to conclusion that most people are just plain weird. People need to chill in a big way. Maybe legalizing pot is not such a bad idea.. LOL

Old 08-02-2009, 01:18 PM

593 posts, read 1,916,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
Chris, that is funny about the old guy.
After 37 years, I've come to conclusion that most people are just plain weird. People need to chill in a big way. Maybe legalizing pot is not such a bad idea.. LOL

Old 08-02-2009, 02:13 PM

2,414 posts, read 5,401,157 times
Quote:

He should have let the firetruck go ahead, and then tailgated it. That way he could speed through traffic.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:47 PM

910 posts, read 2,331,738 times
Simply idiotic. I bet the AC wasn't working in the idiot's car...

Old 08-02-2009, 05:34 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,947 times
This was in the Waterford Lks area - for any of you who are familiar with Orlando, surrounding areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida