Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:04 AM

973 posts, read 2,221,129 times

Advertisements

Due to my current position in my career, I'll be here for 3-5 more years, but I'm definitely not staying. I'd like to find at least half an acre in a suburb of a great sports town. Here's a list of the top contenders that I'm researching and visiting, and will eventually end up at one of them:
- St. Louis, MO (have family there, considering St. Clair county in Illinois or Fenton/other STL suburb)
- Atlanta, GA (Roswell, GA)
- Denver, CO (Castle Rock, CO)
- Washington, DC (Alexandria, VA / Potomac, MD)
- Dallas / FtW, TX (Flower Mound, TX)
- Seattle, WA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 08:04 PM

70 posts, read 271,523 times
Are You Talking to Me? Are You Friggin' Talking to Me? I'm Moving back to NJ in February... so I have to get in Tune again.

Last edited by wildwoodcrest1957; 12-29-2007 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: add

Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 AM

8 posts, read 18,396 times
Relocated from Palm City, FL to Raleigh, NC the end of March 2007. I miss some aspects of FL but overall I'm quiet happy with the move. Raleigh is a nice city and close to many things. The beach is only 2 1/2 hrs away although I will say they aren't as nice as FL beaches overall. Mountains in Western North Carolina are just incredibly gorgeous. You're only a 4 and half hour drive to Washington, DC, a days drive to NYC and many other locations to visit. You get all 4 seasons here which is nice. Fall is beautiful with the leaves changing. It has been a bit nippy a few days but it's kinda of nice to have to bring out my sweaters and jackets I haven't worn for 12 years in years.

We chose to leave because I am a mortgage banker and my income was falling precipitously with the crashing FL real estate market. We had a bunch of equitiy and wanted to "cash out" while we could. We were lucky....

No regrets, yet....

Old 12-26-2008, 03:15 PM

150 posts, read 479,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncrider View Post
Moved from Palmetto FL to Mineral Bluff GA, on the border of NC/TN/GA. Still have a beautiful house in FL on an acre that we have fortunately been able to keep rented. Job market around here is the worst thing you have to deal with, not the people, climate or anything else. It's such a nicer cleaner enviroment for family!!
A second home owner from Florida who lives in Mineral Bluff..trust me theres no truth behind this post. Floridians arent very well liked there at all. Its almost like saying the F-Word. Theres just to many Floridians coming up here and driving up all the prices and always talking about Florida. Some of them actually think their real fans of Floridas teams still.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:27 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,598,107 times
Talking You are moving back to NJ in FEBRUARY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoodcrest1957 View Post
Are You Talking to Me? Are You Friggin' Talking to Me? I'm Moving back to NJ in February... so I have to get in Tune again.
The first time I moved back to NY was in the middle of DECEMBER, to snow on the ground. It was so wonderful.

My daughters Christmas present to me was a plane ticket to NY, in JANUARY.

Good luck with your move back. Wish I could say the same.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:04 PM

765 posts, read 2,627,878 times
I plan to hopefully move back to New Jersey in the Spring. I don't think it is wise in this economy to move anywhere without a job lined up, though.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:11 PM

7 posts, read 19,382 times
I lived in Sarasota,Fl for seven years. I had to move for personal reasons. I would love to move back. I miss it dearly.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:00 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,840,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
Due to my current position in my career, I'll be here for 3-5 more years, but I'm definitely not staying. I'd like to find at least half an acre in a suburb of a great sports town. Here's a list of the top contenders that I'm researching and visiting, and will eventually end up at one of them:
- St. Louis, MO (have family there, considering St. Clair county in Illinois or Fenton/other STL suburb)
- Atlanta, GA (Roswell, GA)
- Denver, CO (Castle Rock, CO)
- Washington, DC (Alexandria, VA / Potomac, MD)
- Dallas / FtW, TX (Flower Mound, TX)
- Seattle, WA
None of those towns are really considered " great sports towns. "

Old 12-26-2008, 06:04 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,840,866 times
Tampa, FL to Nashville, TN

Moved to Nashville in 2000 and never looked back. For the first time I found a sense of community here that was really lacking in Tampa. I discovered it was GREAT to have seasons, occasional snow, friendly people, ect, ect...

Most common misconception about Nashville: There is more to this city and area than Country music, It's MUSIC CITY, not just country music city. We have all kinds of artists and genres here.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:00 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,195,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
None of those towns are really considered " great sports towns. "
Ummmmm.......ever heard of the Dallas Cowboys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida