Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:41 PM

60 posts, read 107,380 times

Advertisements

Yes, I will pick the Northeast over Florida for that rare 65 degree day. Margaritas anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 01:58 PM

672 posts, read 904,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcurious View Post
Yes, I will pick the Northeast over Florida for that rare 65 degree day. Margaritas anyone?

I have lived in New York. I lived lived in Florida. I have lived in Indiana. I have travelled all over the US, the Caribbean, and Europe; British Isles, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, etc.

Where have YOU been? A Bermuda, Nassau, St. Thomas, or St. Croix beach beats any Florida beach. I will not even TRY to tell you what the Riveria beaches look likes in comparison. But to ME, a beach is a beach is a beach for all I care.

You know what? I would take Germany, Austria or Switzerland anytime during Christmas over ANY beach around the world I have ever been to.

If all you have ever been to is the Northeast and Florida, you have no clue. As I have said on many other threads, it just "ain't" the weather in Florida that I dislike. Read between the lines of that.

I haven't even moved yet and cannot wait to get out.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:08 PM

217 posts, read 806,091 times
Bringing it back to the topic......The question was: For those originally from the NE, do you prefer 6 months of NE winter, or 6 months of FL Hazy, hot and humid?

My answer....The latter!
I was just being a goof with my rants about pot holes, plows and what not. I'm not gonna vilify you, or anyone else who hates Florida and its weather. Again, we'll just a gree to disagree.
I'll take heat over cold, irrespective of spruce trees vs. palm trees with regard to Christmas decorations and all that.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:10 PM

60 posts, read 107,380 times
Yes, I'm just a Florida cracker, stuck here on the beach. NOT! I've lived in Boston, Chicago, DC, SanFran, VA Beach, and Florida, and I don't care much for the beach myself. I've been to Europe many times but what does Europe have to do with anything? If you hate Florida then go, go, go. But do let the rest of us enjoy our margaritas by the pool. Ahhhh.....

Old 04-26-2007, 02:10 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Winter up north is just depressing. Give me humidity over gray skies any day.
The chances of actually getting hit head on by a hurricane are a lot less than going into the ditch (which I did atleast once every winter) while driving in the snow. I'm stuck in north Georgia right now, and I can't wait to get back to florida.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:15 PM

WHY do you people think there is 6 months of winter????? HELLO? The Northeast is not the ARTIC CIRCLE? What will you say next? We have perputual DARKNESS too?

Damn. This is your brain. This is your brain FRIED with the Florida SUN.

I gotta get off this board.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:19 PM

"What will you say next? We have perputual DARKNESS too?"

*sigh*

I quit

Old 04-26-2007, 02:26 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
I talked to my husband about these posts and he wanted to add his 2 cents through me....... He says....

"Florida can bite me, I lived in Northern Maine in a town called New Sweden about 25-30 mins south of Canada. I've seen snow in every month of the year and went to bed and woken up with 7 feet of snow on the ground by morning. I never saw a year as a kid where there weren't at least 2 feet of snow on the ground by Halloween. I lived there for 11 years transplanting from Mass. When I was a junior in Highschool my parents moved down to Fla where I lived until 3 months ago.. I'll never ever ever ever move back to Florida again. The people are nasty and miserable, likely from the miserable nasty weather, the bugs are terrible, hurricanes suck, warm holidays are a contradiction to the whole season and forget foliage tourists they get em 6 months out of the year and then we have to hear how Floridians do everything wrong and this is how its done up north. Sure new england has cold winters that are NOT IN ANYWAYS 6-8 months more like 3 you want 8 months of winter yah then live wher I did in Maine, see snow in July and then tell me thats not cold and wintery, but florida has hot summers. Its a trade off really. In florida expect to run your a/c year round in new england you can turn it off for autumn and spring...., 65 degrees in January in Florida now THAT is a Fluke.... Normal temps run in the 80's at least it did where we were 1 exit from the Everglades. I would sweat buckets just checking my mail, forget if your car's a/c broke you couldn't go anywhere especially because there's not REAL public transportation in Naples. Florida is all fake. Its like living in a fantasy land where its all about who has the most beautiful beach or the best weather the prettiest golf course, the best car or the biggest house... Nobody knows their neighbors down there and no one cares about anyone else, theres no sense of community there.. . But thats just my opinion, New England has something for everyone, Beach, mountains, museums, city, country, Red Sox, Patriots and Dunkin Doughnuts!! And hey if the water is cold at the beach then good, you'll cool off faster when you stick you little feet in." ........................ And so the hubby as spoken.............

Old 04-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I talked to my husband about these posts and he wanted to add his 2 cents through me....... He says....

"Florida can bite me, I lived in Northern Maine in a town called New Sweden about 25-30 mins south of Canada. I've seen snow in every month of the year and went to bed and woken up with 7 feet of snow on the ground by morning. I never saw a year as a kid where there weren't at least 2 feet of snow on the ground by Halloween. I lived there for 11 years transplanting from Mass. When I was a junior in Highschool my parents moved down to Fla where I lived until 3 months ago.. I'll never ever ever ever move back to Florida again. The people are nasty and miserable, likely from the miserable nasty weather, the bugs are terrible, hurricanes suck, warm holidays are a contradiction to the whole season and forget foliage tourists they get em 6 months out of the year and then we have to hear how Floridians do everything wrong and this is how its done up north. Sure new england has cold winters, but florida has hot summers. Its a trade off really. In florida expect to run your a/c year round in new england you can turn it off for autumn and spring...., 65 degrees in January in Florida now THAT is a Fluke.... Normal temps run in the 80's at least it did where we were 1 exit from the Everglades. I would sweat buckets just checking my mail, forget if your car's a/c broke you couldn't go anywhere especially because there's not REAL public transportation in Naples. Florida is all fake. Its like living in a fantasy land where its all about who has the most beautiful beach or the best weather the prettiest golf course, the best car or the biggest house... Nobody knows their neighbors down there and no one cares about anyone else, theres no sense of community there.. . But thats just my opinion, New England has something for everyone, Beach, mountains, museums, city, country, Red Sox, Patriots and Dunkin Doughnuts!! And hey if the water is cold at the beach then good, you'll cool off faster when you stick you little feet in." ........................ And so the hubby as

spoken.............
You husband has said what I meant by "Read between the lines. It's not just the weather." I was being polite and did not want to come right out and say it. I suppose they did not "get it". Hat's off to you and your husband.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:36 PM

"Sure new england has cold winters that are NOT IN ANYWAYS 6-8 months more like 3 you want 8 months of winter yah then live wher I did in Maine, see snow in July and then tell me thats not cold and wintery"

Hmmm....SO, I guess my FIRST question is, when did Maine secede from the rest of New England?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida